Stargazing

Y/n and Spencer stargazing in the bed of a truck

____________________________

After work, you and Spencer set out to find an open field. You drove around aimlessly until you found the perfect spot. You parked the truck and hopped out, grabbing the supplies from the backseat and preparing the truck bed.

The sun was just setting above after you laid out the final blanket. Spencer placed snacks on both sides of the bed before climbing up.

"Hi." He giggled, placing a soft kiss on your lips.

"Hi." You wrapped your arm around his waist and pulled him to sit down.

You both got under the blanket and laid on your backs as the stars started to shine. You began excitedly pointing out what stars and constellations you saw, Spencer adding on by providing facts about them.

Spencer turned to face you. "Did you know that Sirius A is the brightest star in the sky, Sirius the Greek word for 'glowing'. But the funny thing is, is that the brightest star is here on Earth, right next to me."

Heat rose to your cheeks. "You're so cheesy."

"It's true! Sirius A is a binary star in the constellation Camus Major with an apparent visual magnitude of -1.46 in the night sky." He swallowed thickly. "But not even Sirius A is bright enough to make me happy. It can't steal your job."

You look over at him and noticed his eyes were sparkling. Your heart fluttered. You didn't even bother hiding your blush this time.

"I'm pretty good at my job then huh?" You looked over and smiled at him.

"Yes you are." He cupped your face and connected his lips to yours.

You both go back to small talk underneath the stars. His hand slowly found yours under the mounds of blankets and you kept playing with his fingers, both of you giggling at the featherlight touch.

You start to ramble on about everything you love to do. Some things after work, all the time you spend with him, any little thing. He smiled, listening very intently to your voice rising as your stories continued. He grabbed a bag of chips from the side, using it as an excuse to prop himself on his elbow to get a better view of you.

You stop mid ramble and notice him silently watching you. You were about to apologize for talking for so long but his voice interrupted your thinking.

"You're so beautiful. How did I get so lucky?"

It was crazy how much of an effect this man had on you. Even the most simplest compliment meant the most to you. They always made your day.

Spencer always wanted to compliment you, to worship you. You were perfect. You actually took in interest in him and he hadn't scared you off with his stupid facts and useless rambles.

Whenever he saw something beautiful in you, he always told you. The way your eyes would light up and the way your ears and cheeks would blush was adorable. What had he done to deserve you?

He placed the bag of chips next to him so he could slowly scoot over and put his arms around you. He nuzzled his head into your side and closed his eyes. You ran a hand through his hair, smiling down at him.

"You're so pretty." You murmured, softly pressing your lips to his head.

He hadn't moved for awhile, finding peace with how warm and cozy he was wrapped around you. You figured he fell asleep so you thought it was now that you could steal the bag of chips. What? He had taken the last bag of your favorite kind.

You sat up and reached over him only to be gently pushed back into a sitting position as his arms kept you in place.

"Noo." He drawled. "You're so warm."

You sighed and reached again for the chips, this time being quicker and successfully grabbing the bag. He whined at the loss of contact until you sat back down.

"Chill out I was like gone for a second." You draped his arm back around your waist and started eating the chips.

"You stole my bag." He whispered against your side.

"Well it's mine now." You popped another chip in your mouth, running your open hand through his hair.

Spencer was between being half asleep and half awake. During this time he decided to babble on about stars.

"Did you know that you can actually see 20 quadrillion miles on a good night?"

You chuckled. "No I did not." You gasped. "Spencer look!"

Spencer sat up and followed where you were pointing to a shooting star. He smiled and looked down at you.

"You have to make a wish it's a shooting star."

"Y/n, shooting 'stars' are actually small rocks and dust that shoot through space towards Earth. They're more so meteorites or meteoroids." He looked over and saw your saddened expression.

"Sorry I-"

"Then make a wish over the stupid rocks and dust." You proposed.

Anything for you he thought.

He closed his eyes and made a wish. When he opened them he saw you smiling.

"What'd you wish for?" You asked, playfully poking his side.

He grabbed your hand and slowly laced them together. "If I tell you then it won't come true."

He had wished to spend an eternity with you. That, he hoped would come true.

"Can we please cuddle now? I'm cold." Spencer whined, tugging your interlocked hands into his lap.

"Of course, pretty boy."

You settled back down on your back, Spencer on his side immediately wrapping his arms around you. He placed small kisses and love bites on your exposed neck. It was his constant reminder that he loved you.

"I love you Spence."

"I love you, my brightest star." He chuckled, pressing a kiss to your lips.