Freedom

Spencer was sent to prison in Mexico. You and your team worked hard to bring him back, knowing his innocence.

It was mentally draining on everyone especially Spencer. You didn't know how much he changed if he changed at all.

You had been without him, without his touch, without your boyfriend for 2 long months.

Today, JJ promised you were getting him back. It hurt everyone to walk past his desk and see how empty it was. There weren't anymore physics experiments, rambling about books or chess, nothing. No one knew how much they'd miss those moments.

But Hotch had confirmed that he would, in fact, be released.

You hopped in a car with Derek and Emily in the front and JJ in the back with you. You were quiet the whole ride thinking about every possible outcome.

"Hey." You felt JJ's hand on your leg. "It'll be okay." You nodded your head and after a few moments she retracted her hand.

The car stopped in front of the maximum security gate. Hotch went up to speak with a guard waiting for your arrival. You leaned against the black car and impatiently tapped your foot.

The longer you stood there waiting, the more you felt like you couldn't breath. Like every passing moment took another breath of air from your lungs. But then, there he was.

He had changed from the orange jumpsuit into his normal clothes after the guards gave them back. He looked different.

His hair had grown out and was a mess of curls. His facial hair grew in leaving his face with a light stubble. The sparkle that once took place in his eyes was gone.

He was escorted out by four prison guards. They stopped him at the final gate, where Hotch stood, and nodded.

You took a step forward and his eyes found yours, reigniting that sparkle. His lips immediately tugged upwards. He started to walk towards you and you walked at a slightly faster pace to match his long strides.

When you were a few steps away from each other he opened his arms and you jumped into them. He stumbled back a bit but regained his footing before he could fall backwards.

You wrapped your legs around his waist and buried your head on his shoulder. You started to softly cry and he moved his hands from your legs to your back. He lightly rubbed up and down, just like he always did when you were feeling down.

"I missed you so much." You whispered.

"I missed you too." His voice broke.

He went to gently set you down and as he was bent over you grabbed the back of his neck and pulled his lips to yours. His tongue immediately slipped into your mouth and he wrapped his arms around your waist.

Your hands found his grown out hair and you grabbed it, angling his head up ever so slightly. His beard pricked your face and you chuckled.

"Your hair isn't that bad." You joked.

He laughed and grabbed your hand, interlocking his fingers with yours. You both walked back to the car where your team was waiting with smiles.

You finally got him back.