Early Morning

"Ugh come on." You pout.

You were stirring the pancake batter in the bowl and some had spilled out onto the counter. Cooking and baking was never your specialty but you wanted to do something special for Spencer.

"You're not very good at that." Spencer groggily said as he walked in and leaned against the counter you were scrubbing clean.

"I'm sorry I'm not the worlds best baker." You sigh. He shook his head and grinned.

Yesterday's case was rough for everyone and you wanted to lighten the mood.

You finished wiping the counter clean and took out the griddle, plugging it in and preheating it to 350. You then went to resume back to the bowl to continue stirring. Spencer smiled and pushed himself off the counter.

"Here I'll help you." He stood behind you and wrapped his hands around your waist. He rested his head on your shoulder and whispered the next step for you to follow.

You smiled from his warm embrace.

"Like this." He moved his hands over yours and helped pour the batter on the heated griddle. "See? Not so hard."

You turned to your right and faced him. "What would I do without you?" You teased.

He laughed and turned to grab the spatula to flip the bubbling pancakes.

When he faced you again you grabbed his collar and pulled him into a soft and sweet kiss. His hands rested on your waist once again and he deepened the kiss.

"I love you." You told him after pulling away for a bit of air.

His cheeks flushed a bright pink and he pulled you back into his lips.

"I love you too."