Cold Autumn Day

Autumn rolls around and y/n wants to enjoy it with Spencer outside

_______________________________

Autumn days fall by as fast as the leaves from the trees. The sun rises and sets as if on fast-forward, as if there is some divine hurry to reach the winter. Though the sun is still bright, still brilliant in the sky, it is cooler even on the days that lack cloud.

Needless to say, autumn was your's and Spencer's favorite season.

The season of fall is the season of all, for it is the perfect temperature, ambient and kind, married to the colours of vivid childhood dreams.

You excitedly grabbed your hat and a scarf to wrap around your neck. Spencer watched you put your things on with his arms crossed.

"Come on Spence, please." This was the third time this chilly morning you had begged him to play catch with you. He wasn't a big fan of football and neither were you but you loved playing it.

"Fine, I could just go play with Derek." You grabbed the handle and he placed his hand on yours.

"No. I'll play." You smiled and he walked to the bedroom to get changed.

Spencer wasn't athletic, he would admit that, so sports was something he was never good at. But he mostly did things like these so he could spend time with you and to see you happy. He loved when your eyes lit up and how brightly you smiled.

You walked out to your gated backyard and you started to toss the football back and forth while making small talk. You both laughed one bad pass after the another and had a great time.

Spencer threw a pass way above your head and you jumped to try and get it. He laughed after your failed attempt and you turned around to go pick it up, walking back to your usual spot.

"You know, you're really bad at this." You started to laugh a little.

"Oh yeah?" He smiled and started running at you. You put your hands up but he quickly reached you and playfully tackled you to the ground. It didn't even hurt you just thought he was crazy.

Spencer laid on top of you as he pushed himself onto his hands, both of you erupting into laughter.

"I think that means it's my ball." He smirked.

You shook your head and pulled him in by his coat. "You're such a goof." His face grew into a goofy grin as you pressed your lips to his, his heart fluttering.

When you pulled away you reached your hand up and ruffled his hair.

"Hey!" He playfully pushed your shoulder before standing up and brushing himself off. He offered you his hand and he pulled you up.

While you were still in his grasp he turned you around and kissed you. You dropped the football and cupped his face to deepen the kiss. You arched your back into him and he smiled.

Spencer suddenly pulled away and turned you around, wrapping his arms around your chest. "Woah- hey!" He repeatedly kissed the side of your face and temple while he picked you up. He kept giggling at the fact that he had the girl of his dreams in his arms. Something he thought he would never have.

He spun you both in a circle before he placed you back down. He smiled and fixed your hat to cover up your red ears. He placed a chaste kiss on your lips and snaked his arms around your waist.

"Come on, let's go inside. It's getting cold." He shivered and you smiled up at him.

"I can make you tea." He added, holding his arm out. You gratefully looped yours around his and he led you inside.

You got settled onto the couch and found one of your favorite fuzzy blankets after stealing one of Spencer's sweaters. He placed both mugs of tea on the coffee table in front of you, lifting up the covers to get under.

He picked up your legs and sat down, placing them back onto his lap before draping the blanket across you both. He reached for the mugs, handing you yours and making sure your feet were covered as he sat back.

You picked up the remote and clicked play on the movie. Spencer wanted to watch Halloween movies to 'get into the spirit' as he called it. He slipped his hand under the blanket and traced circles onto your leg, a smile never leaving his face.

You spent the rest of the afternoon cuddled up onto the couch, happily content with where you were in life.