Loss

Y/n is pregnant with Spencer's child

Y/n is pregnant with Spencer's child. But things turn a quick turn, leaving someone heartbroken

_______________________________

After deciding to try and have a family, you were finally pregnant and you and Spencer were thrilled. The team was super supportive and helped you through your pregnancy, all of them excited to meet the new addition especially since it was a baby girl.

You and Spencer had built a nursery and read almost every parenting book. If you were up late at night because of your back pain, Spencer was up as well, gently massaging your back. If you craved something one day he would go out and buy it, just trying to make the pregnancy as comfortable for you as he could.

But the time came quick.

Your water broke at home and after Spencer's minor freak out, he guided you to the car. He drove as fast as he could to the hospital while you tried to keep your breathing steady.

Once at the hospital, nurses helped you into a wheelchair and wheeled you to a room. Spencer followed closely behind, whispering small reassurances in your ear.

They helped you onto the bed and Spencer's hand found yours. He called the team and let them know to wait in the waiting room since they hadn't left for a case.

While you waited in labor, Spencer stayed by your side letting you squeeze his hand as hard as you needed to. He constantly whispered about how strong you were and how you got this. He grabbed towels and delicately wiped the sheen of sweat off your forehead before giving you a kiss.

"Shit..." Spencer muttered after checking his phone for the second time.

"What is it?" You panted.

"It's my moms facility calling." He vaguely explained.

"Answer it, I know you have to." He nodded and pulled out his phone. He paced around the room and you watched him scrunch his eyebrows, sighing deeply.

"...thank you."

"What is it?" You winced at another contraction. He walked over and squeezed your hand.

"My mother had another episode and they're having trouble calming her down." You listened to his voice waver and felt your heart drop.

"Spence, I know you're the only one who can calm her down. Go. Go help her she's only twenty minutes away." You knew about his mother's condition and how she worsened over the years. Luckily, she was lucid when you told her about your pregnancy, that way she could hold onto another happy memory.

"No, I need to stay with you. I'm not leaving you."

"Hey." You cupped his face and smiled. "Go, I got this okay?" He leaned into your touch and reluctantly nodded. He grabbed your arm to kiss your palm before moving to your lips.

"I'll be right back I promise."

"I'll be waiting here." You chuckled. He smiled and left, quickly driving to the facility.

"Mom! Mom stop. She's just trying to help you." Spencer explained, grabbing ahold of his mothers hands.

"They're poisoning me! Don't you see it?" She yelled.

"Mom these pills are here to help you. Can you please take them? You'll feel better." He desperately pleaded.

She shook her head and tried to turn out of her sons grasp. He pulled her back and thought of something, anything to get her to take the medication.

"Mom remember my beautiful fiancé y/n? The amazing woman she is, she's currently giving birth to her beautiful daughter, our daughter." He saw his mother's eyes flash in recognition. It was small but there. "Please take these and we can see her like you said you wanted to. You can meet her and I'll finally be the father I wanted to." He let a tear slip from his eye.

His mother stopped fighting and watched her son. His grip loosened around her wrists and she took the pills. He sighed in relief and the nurse guided her back to her room.

He sped back to the hospital as quick as he could. He had to get back to his girls.

He returned a little under an hour and bursted through the main doors. He breathlessly ran, holding up his badge as he ran to the delivery room you were in.

Spencer opened the door and was greeted with a familiar blonde with her back to him. He searched the room and noticed the bed was wheeled out.

JJ slowly turned around, rocking the small newborn in her arms, trying to stop her crying. Her eyes were puffy and red, Spencer noticed she had been crying.

"I'm so sorry Spence." She softly spoke, trying to keep her voice from breaking.

He almost missed the words, the words he thought he'd never hear.

"Y/n's dead... emergency c... died from blood loss... I'm so sorry."

Tears spilled down his face as his eyes shifted to his daughter. JJ looked down and walked up to her best friend, handing him his daughter. He carefully admired everything about her.

"Hey." His voice was just under a whisper, hoarse from him crying. He let out a mix of a chuckle and a sob.

"You look so much like her. Oh wow, you have her eyes." He bounced her gently and JJ soothingly rubbed his arm. "Hey there pretty girl, I'm your dad." He teared up and licked his lips after she stopped crying.

It was when she looked up at him and smiled, grabbing his finger with her entire hand before Spencer broke down. His body racked and he tried his best to wipe the tears before they fell onto his child.

Spencer stood in the delivery room holding the only thing left that reminded him of you. He hugged the newborn and JJ left him to give him privacy.

Derek filed into the room after everyone hadn't heard from their friend since JJ left. He noticed his best friend trying to hold himself together in front of his daughter. He hesitantly walked up and wrapped his arm around Spencer's shoulder.

Derek pulled him into a side hug and both their tears began to spill as they gazed down at the baby. He didn't have to say anything, both men knew what happened and chose to think about everything you had done to bring smiles to the teams face.

Spencer got his daughter, but he lost you. He lost the love of his life.

The mother died in childbirth. Destroying herself to create her own unconditional love.

An angel wrote in the book of life your baby's date of birth, then adding your death date whispering as she closed the book, "too beautiful for Earth."