Late

Spencer returns from work later than he anticipated

Spencer returns from work later than he anticipated. He walks inside to see his beautiful girlfriend y/n asleep on the couch after trying to wait for him

_______________________________

You worked the day shift as a librarian. With Spencer's absurd times at work, he couldn't give you a specified time on when he would be home. The best he could do was give you his best guess.

He called you every waking moment he could. The case he was on was running longer and they still hadn't have a confession from the suspect. He told you Hotch and Derek were in there so it could've been any minute now.

He was pulled away shortly and you reluctantly hung up. Spencer didn't want to leave but he was thrilled to hear the suspect had confessed.

Spencer had originally planned to take you out on a nice dinner and he carefully went over every step so he wouldn't mess up. He was even going to give you your favorite flower.

"You promised immunity you son of a bitch!" The unsub snarled.

"I don't keep promises to people like you." Derek snapped back, forcefully shoving the man because he wouldn't walk.

Spencer watched as they disappeared down the long hallway. His eyes flicked to his boss, hoping he would say the words he wanted to hear.

"He confessed and now we have a warrant to search his house for any bodies. Local police will book him and deal with the trial. Great job today. Oh and get some sleep Reid." Spencer nodded at Aaron and they both departed their own ways, Spencer to his beautiful girlfriend.

You sent Spencer a text telling him to have a good night because it seemed like he was going to stay there awhile. You set your phone on the coffee table and clutched the blanket, throwing it over your body and laying on the couch. A part of you told yourself that there was a small possibility he was coming home tonight.

An hour later the front door to the apartment quietly crept open then shut. In walked a tall figure that set something on the ground. This person carefully set something on the coffee table and looked at your smaller frame laying on the couch. The only light that cast through was from the window and the dim lights that flicked on above.

You felt arms wrap around your waist, dragging you awake. You opened your eyes with a groan and turned around in the person's arms. Through the dimmed lighting you made out Spencer. He smiled at you.

"You're late." You groggily whispered, still half asleep. You rubbed your eyes and he kissed you.

"I'm sorry." His voice was sad. He slowly rubbed his thumbs in circles on your hips. "But... I did bring takeout." He laughed and hinted to the coffee table behind him.

You pick your head up and squinted your eyes. You saw a bag from your favorite takeout place on the table with a sticky note on there that did not belong.

"Still mad at me?" He asked, pulling your body flush against his.

You smiled at him. "Never."

He placed a chaste kiss on your lips before getting up and pulling you with him. He placed the bag in front of you at the kitchen table and you noticed the note was written in his chicken scratch handwriting.

Please forgive me my love.

- S

It read.

You smiled and placed the note on the table. You grabbed his tie and pulled his lips onto yours. "I love you."

You took his note and placed it in a journal with all the other notes and letters he had written to you while on cases. Whenever you got lonely at work or at home, you opened the journal and reread them all.

"I love you. Now, let's eat." Whenever Spencer was late he felt bad. He missed you more than you could imagine. So when he did get back he made sure to bring you your favorite food and watch a movie.

You both talked over the late dinner and laughed the entire time. Spencer had tried stealing your food when you smacked his hand away. He tried again and you threw a piece of the food at him. You went to steal his food so he would know what it felt like when he too swatted your hand away.

"Stop it." He giggled.

"You stop."

You both went back and forth until you successfully snatched some of his. You and him stood up at the same time when you shoved the food in your mouth and ate it.

"Don't touch my food." You warned.

"Well you took mine and that's not fair." He slowly walked to the right side of the table when you turned around to run to the living room.

He quickly followed after you and chased you around the couch before cutting you off and picking you up.

"W-Wait Spence put me down! That's not fair!" You yelled as he threw you over his shoulder. You playfully hit his back in hopes he would let you go.

"Apologize for eating my food." When you stayed quiet he shrugged and started to walk around, shutting the lights off.

You eventually gave in, afraid he would drop you. "Wait wait okay! I'm sorry for eating your food."

"Good." Spencer walked back to the couch and gently set you down.

You turned your back and him and smirked. "It's a shame because your food was really good." He chuckled and shook his head.

Before you could walk away he wrapped his arms around your waist and fell backwards into the couch, pulling you into his lap. Your back was against his chest and you desperately tried to escape his grip as he attacked you with kisses.

"Spencee." You drawled, eventually stopping your movements. You pushed your head into his chest to look up at him.

"What? I can't kiss my beautiful girlfriend?" His adorable laugh rang out as he placed longer kisses starting on your neck.

He reached your lips and when they met your heart fluttered. Every time he came back from cases you would both kiss and cuddle for a long time and it made up for all the missing time in between.

"I missed you pretty girl."

"I missed you more, pretty boy."

Your lips connected once again and when he pulled away he smiled. He removed one hand from around your waist and grabbed the blanket, throwing it over your bodies.

You turned on your side and snuggled against his warm body. You laid your head on his shoulder and he kissed your nose.

"Let's get some sleep." He squeezed your body and you both closed your eyes, easily falling asleep safe in the others presence.