Parenthood

You were a single mother who worked at the BAU.

Overtime you had developed these feelings for Spencer Reid, your friend and colleague. But you had a kid with your late husband Jordan. A beautiful daughter, Rylee.

You felt he wouldn't want to join your life with a kid that wasn't his. As much as it killed you, you shoved and swallowed those feelings.

One day at work your sister in law couldn't watch your daughter for the day so she brought her to your work. Hotch knew your story so he allowed it. He was a single parent so he understood.

"Mumma!" Rylee yells as she runs toward you with her arms stretched wide.

"Hey baby!" You pick her up and spin her.

"You're gonna stay with momma for today okay?" She gave a slight nod.

It was hard trying to focus on the case with Rylee there. She wouldn't sit still and you begged her to sit in the chair next to your desk. Spencer noticed you were struggling and walked over.

"Mind if I show her a magic trick?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah sure. Go on sweetie." He offered his hand and it clasped around hers. His hand compared to hers was rather large. It was kind of cute, the photographer in you screamed as that would've been a beautiful picture. No stop that y/n. You two are not together. He turned his head toward you before walking away and you mouthed "thank you."

He ended up taking her for the rest of the day and you were able to finish your work. It was sweet really. But you felt like you owed him because he really didn't need to do that.

It was time to go home and you made sure to thank him a bunch.

"I hope she wasn't a bother."

"Not at all, isn't that right?" She gave him a high five.

"Anyways I better get going, thanks again." You go to head out to the elevator doors when he stops you.

"Look I never know how you felt but I don't know if I'm giving mixed signals or what but I have something I need to tell you." He begins. You tilted your head in response, tightening the grip on your daughters hand, telling her to wait.

"Y/n, ever since we met... it's just been great."
He was nervous. He readjusted the strap of his bag and bit his bottom lip.

"I've been in love with you." He blurts out. You just stare.

"Really?" You ask. He started to have doubts that you liked him back. But then he kissed you. It felt so right.

You pulled away at first. "I never thought you felt that way... I'm a mom and..."

He shook his head. "I love you both and I'd love to be apart of your life." You were so surprised. Your answer was inevitably yes.

Spencer Reid, has feelings for me? And he didn't care that I already had a kid? You played this moment over and over again in your head.

That was 3 years ago.

You were now married to him and had another kid, a boy. And he was smart, just like his dad.