Brain Tumor

Y/n had a brain tumor removed in her past before joining the team

Y/n had a brain tumor removed in her past before joining the team. When it reoccurs, no one is sure what the outcome will be

____________________________

It was old news. The team knew about your past hospital visits, the main one being for your brain tumor. The doctor had successfully removed the tumor but a small portion had to be left behind, leaving the chance of reoccurrence.

During one case, you were chasing an unsub who had a strong hatred toward any strong women in his life. You and the team finally narrowed the list and found his location.

Derek took the lead in the raid, kicking down the door and moving in. You followed closely with your gun raised and together you cleared the house. You found stairs to the basement and called out before going down.

You flicked your flashlight on and scanned the room. After a couple steps your body was thrown into the wall, the unsub grunting as he tackled you. You tried to get a shot off but he knocked the gun out of your hand.

He grabbed the collar of your shirt and held you against the wall. A strangled cry for Derek left your lips as he slammed your body into the concrete wall.

A shot rang out after the third strong push and the man fell to the floor. You dropped to the ground with a hand on your head.

"You alright princess?" Derek asked, stepping over the body to get to you.

"Yeah I'm good, dude jumped me when I wasn't looking." You panted.

The rest of the team filed downstairs and Spencer led you outside to get checked by paramedics. After that night you didn't think twice about the case and everything seemed fine.

That was until two weeks later.

You tried to focus on the paperwork but the words started to form together into a black blob. You shut your eyes for a couple seconds and opened them again, now seeing the words fly off the page. You rubbed your temple and tried to fix your vision. This didn't go unnoticed.

Spencer and Emily were chatting by the coffee maker when he glanced in your direction. He saw you driving your palm into your eye. He frowned and was about to make his way over when you stood up, starting to walk in his direction.

He turned back to Emily and made small talk until you arrived. However you only managed to make it halfway before you stumbled over your feet, placing your palm flat on a desk to keep you from falling.

Spencer looked over and left midway through Emily's conversation, her following close behind.

"Y/n are you okay?" Spencer softly asked, setting his coffee mug down.

Right as he asked the question you felt your body go limp and your legs give out. Spencer was quick to react, reaching his arms out to catch you before your body hit the ground.