Chapter 11: At the Station

Emmas pov

I was chasing the girl who broke into the shop down the sidewalk. She wouldn't stop. After a while she ran down an alley, lucky for me there was a high fence at the end of it. She didn't even try to climb it, and when she stopped I pinned her arms behind her back and put the handcuffs on her. "Let's go," I said pulling her back towards the car.

At the sheriffs station she sat in the interrogation room. I stepped out to call David. It rang a few times before he picked up. "Hello," he said. "Hey, dad- I found her," I said looking in at the girl. "Really, when," he asked. "I was at grannys when she robbed a store across the street," I said still watching her as she looked around the room. "I'll be there in 10," he said hanging up. I just watched her as I waited for David. How could she look so much like me? This question echoed through my mind. I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard David's voice breaking the silence. "Emma," he said apparently he'd been trying to get my attention. "Yeah?" I asked. "Is that her," he said pointing to her through the glass. "Yep," I said. "Ready," he asked. "Let's go," I responded. He held the door for me as I walked into the small room, the girls electrifying green eyes turning toward me as I did. I sat down in the chair across from her and David did the same. She just tilted her head and let out an obnoxious smile. "Let's start with your name," I said. "No," she said. "Not- with you here," she said turning to David. He looked more shocked than I was. "I'm not saying anything until you're gone," she added I gave David a look that said he should leave. He nodded and walked out of the room. "Now," I began, "You are?" She shifted towards me and whispered, "How stupid do you think I am?" I must have looked surprised because she added. "He's standing right out there. Watching us, listening. I'm not talking until I'm sure he's gone," she said sternly. I sighed then stood up and walked to the door, sticking my head out and whispered to David, "She's not going to talk. I'll meet you at grannys as soon as I'm done." He took one last look in the room and sighed. "Fine," he agreed. "Thanks dad," I said. And with that he walked away. After taking one last deep breath I walked back inside.