Chapter 2: Morning

Emma's pov
The next morning I woke up to the sun shining on my face. I looked at my alarm and it read 8:30. I felt kinda hungry so I got up and went to the kitchen. I was getting the ingredients for pancakes when I heard someone moving around the loft. "Hello," I said not sure who would respond. " It's just me," Henry said. "Shouldn't you be at school," I asked. "It was delayed, from all the snow," he said pointing out the window of the loft. When I looked out at the town it looked almost completely white. However, this time it was real snow. Not snow made by magic. "Oh, want some pancakes?" I asked continuing to stir the batter. "I'd love some," he said sitting on one of the stools by this island. Just then I heard Neal start to cry. Then a moan from my sleep deprived mother as she got up to get him. She walked out of her room cradling Neal in her arms and humming a lullaby. "Good morning," she said tiredly. I couldn't help but see how exhausted she was. "Here," I said walking toward her. "Henry, you make the pancakes. And mom you go back to bed," I continued taking Neal from her. "Emma I-" she began before I cut her off. "I wasn't asking, you need sleep," I said. After a moment of hesitation she agreed and walked back to her room. I sat down where Henry had been sitting in and rocked Neal back to sleep.
After me and Henry had eaten breakfast we'd gotten ready and I was about to take him to school when my phone rang. "Hello," I said holding it to my ear.