chapter 1.

The incessant buzzing of her alarm pulled Sana out of her slumber and she groaned as she felt around blindly for her phone, desperate to stop the harsh beeping that was currently piercing through the calm silence of the early morning.

She eventually found it underneath her bed, still blaring away as she grabbed it and hit the stop button. She hated when it fell from her bed during the night, she really ought to stop falling asleep with it in her hand.

Sana threw back her covers and regrettably slid out of the silky warmth that was her bed sheets, usually she'd snooze her alarm once or twice before getting up but today was a big day, and she wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

After grabbing a quick shower, Sana quickly dried and wrapped herself up in her favourite fluffy dressing gown before heading downstairs into the kitchen.

Her house was right on the edge of the city, close enough that she could easily get to and from M-Corp each day, but far enough away that they had privacy and enough space for a large backyard, where Sana wouldn't have to worry about traffic or anything being an issue while they played.

Her body was on autopilot as she set the coffee machine up, already feeling more human from the smell alone. As she waited for her morning dose of caffeine, she pulled out some flour, milk, eggs and sugar and then set about making some pancake batter. She even dared to throw in some chocolate chips.

The meals eaten in Sana's home were always extremely healthy and well planned out but today was a special occasion so she thought she'd make an exception, she knew someone who'd appreciate it.

She drank her coffee as she poured some batter into the pan, listening to the quiet sizzle and enjoying the feeling of life entering her body as the caffeine flowed through her veins.

The sun was just staring to rise as she finished up the last of the batter, setting the final pancake on top of the stack before switching the stove off and putting the used bowls and pan into the sink, thinking for maybe the billionth time how thankful she was for her cleaning lady.

She set the pancakes down on the island opposite the stove before grabbing a glass and two plates. A plain white ceramic one for herself, and a plastic pink glittery one with a matching swirly straw cup. She filled each of the cups with fresh orange juice from the refrigerator, they may be having pancakes for breakfast but Sana would be damned if they didn't still get their five-a-day in, before heading back upstairs to her room.

She dressed quickly, opting for her plain black power suit paired with a respectable white blouse before heading into her en suite bathroom to deal with her hair and makeup. She tied her hair up into a tight all-business ponytail before she set about applying her makeup.

It was nearing 7:00am when she finished up in the bathroom and, after giving herself a quick once over in the mirror, she padded barefoot out into her room and down the hall before stopping at the half open door with the name " S A C H I" written in large pink glitter letters at the top.

She opened it the rest of the way and smiled at the mess of dark curls poking out from the thick comforter that her daughter was completely buried underneath. She looked so tiny in the double bed that Sana had bought for her, at first she thought it may be a little silly to buy a double bed for a three year old, but it put Sana's mind at ease during the night knowing there was a smaller chance of her rolling over and falling out onto the floor.

She padded over to the bed before sitting down on the edge and gently pulling the covers back. Sachi was laying on her stomach, her cute little face smushed against the pillow, and Sana felt her heart soar. Her tiny little baby was starting preschool already, how had that happened?