chapter 28.

APRIL FOOLS!!

just kidding, scroll again.

When Sana woke the next morning she allowed herself a moment to just bask in the feeling of contentment that was currently washing over her in light waves before she had to open her eyes and face the day. She felt safe and secure and part of her wished that she could bottle up this feeling and carry it around with her at all times. Judging by the warmth beneath her cheek, she guessed that her head must be pillowed on Tzuyu's chest and she found herself nuzzling in a little more, the smell of Tzuyu all around her was immensely comforting and she didn't want to ever move. It took her a few more moments to register the light scratching of Tzuyu's nails against her scalp and she hummed contently before her eyes fluttered open and she angled her head to look up at Tzuyu's face.

"Hi." she smiled softly, voice slightly rougher than usual given the fact that she had just woken up. From the way that Tzuyu startled and tried to pull her hand away, Sana guessed that she hadn't intended to wake her. "No don't." Sana stopped her before she could completely pull her hand away. "It feels nice."

"Did you sleep alright?" Tzuyu questioned softly as she resumed lightly scratching at Sana's scalp.

"Mhm." she hummed in reply. "Did you?"

"I did." Tzuyu smiled back.

They lay together for a few more long minutes, giving themselves a chance to fully wake up before clambering out of the warmth of Sana's bed. The sun was just barely peeking through the gap in the curtains so Sana knew that it was still early, but her body clock had grown so accustomed to waking up for Sachi that she struggled to sleep in even when she knew that she had nowhere to be. Once Tzuyu was up and out of the bed too, Sana quickly lifted the thick white quilt up, giving it a little shake before setting it back down flat on top of her bed and taking a moment to adjust her pillows.

"If you wanna shower or anything then feel free, I'm gonna go get started on breakfast." Sana told her with a yawn as she made her way over to the window and pulled the curtains wide. The sound of metal on metal as the grommets lightly scraped across the pole sounded throughout the room before it immediately flooded with light, the early morning sun streaming in through the large window that overlooked the backyard and casting a warm orange glow onto them.

"Actually, I was thinking that maybe you could shower or do whatever you need to do and I'll make breakfast?" Tzuyu offered up as she stepped up behind Sana and wrapped her arms around her waist. Her chin fit perfectly into the space where her shoulder met her neck and they stood at the window watching a couple of birds fly around for a few moments.

Sana hadn't had anyone make breakfast for her in her own home since she had moved in here almost four years ago, she was a little hesitant given the fact that Tzuyu had never cooked anything for her before and she had no idea if she even could cook, but she had to admit that the idea sounded great and she really did want to shower.

"Are you sure that you don't need help with anything? We can make it together if you want?" Sana offered up as she turned in Tzuyu's arms to face her.

"No it's fine don't worry, I'll figure out where everything is. Let me make breakfast for you guys, you go take a shower." Tzuyu insisted, placing a quick kiss on Sana's cheek before heading out of the door and down into the kitchen to get started on their meal.

"Oh, uh, Sachi doesn't like butter on her toast!" Sana called out to Tzuyu after she had disappeared from the room.

"Okay, no butter on the kid's toast, got it!" Tzuyu called back from the hallway and Sana listened to her feet descend the staircase before she headed into the bathroom and began stripping off to shower.