chapter 16.

Much to Sana's relief, Sachi was completely back to full health within a few days and was eagerly awaiting the day that she would be allowed to attend school again. After getting the all clear from their doctor, Sana excitedly told her that, after three whole days off, she could finally go back to class and see all of her friends again.

They were walking hand in hand along the school hallway early the next morning as Sana walked Sachi to class. It suddenly hit her that this was the first time that she would physically be seeing Tzuyu since they had spoken just before Sachi got sick, and she tried to power through the memories of the way her tears had stained Tzuyu's shirt, the image that haunted her thoughts when she closed her eyes at night. God, she was still so embarrassed.

She helped Sachi take off her coat and bag, making sure that they were hung securely on her hook before scooping her up and carrying her over so that she could put her own lunchbox in her cubby hole. They were the first two there, as usual, and Sachi held firmly to Sana's hand as she guided her into the classroom.

"Miss Chou!" Sachi called out with a smile as she saw her teacher writing, what Sana assumed were, the days activities on the chalkboard at the head of the class.

"Oh hello little miss Sachi! It's good to see you, are you feeling better?" Tzuyu matched her enthusiasm as she replied.

"Mm hmm. Mommy took care of me." Sachi replied proudly as she swung their still joint hands.

"She did?! What an awesome mommy you have!" Tzuyu replied as she subtly flashed Sana a wink, smirking at the blush that painted her cheeks.

"Okay baby, come give me a hug and a kiss I gotta go." Sana crouched down as Sachi hopped into her arms and gave her a kiss before squeezing her extra tight.

Sana set her down and Sachi immediately rushed over to play in the toy corner, clearly excited to be reacquainted with all of her favorites after missing out on a few days with them.

"Bye, have a good day." She turned to Tzuyu and spoke quietly, flashing her a soft smile before clicking her way back over to the door in her no nonsense work heels.

The sound of Tzuyu clearing her throat stopped Sana before she stepped out into the hall, and she turned back around to see what was going on. Tzuyu didn't say anything, she simply jerked her head subtly in the direction of the board a few times before Sana's eyes followed and understood what she was hinting at. She had to squint a little to make out the words neatly written in the bottom right corner of the board in Tzuyu's handwriting.

Coffee tomorrow? I miss my lockdown buddy.

Sana had to suppress her laugh upon reading it, smiling at the somewhat impressive cartoon sad face that Tzuyu had drawn alongside the message, and mouthed the words "I'll text you" as she held up her phone, leaving only after she was sure Tzuyu that had understood what she was saying.

She's not sure if it was the sheer comedic genius in her or not, but she thought it would be highly amusing to unlock her phone and text Tzuyu the second she was out of her line of sight. She began typing up her message as she clicked her way back down the large hallway of the building, hitting send just before she emerged out into the cool breeze blowing around the parking lot.

Sana: I promised you a text. Coffee sounds great, just let me know when. - S x

Her inner protective mama bear was actually relieved when Tzuyu didn't text back right away, her reply didn't come until a few hours later, and as Sana checked the time on her watch she was happy to see that Tzuyu had waited until her lunch break before checking her phone. At least she knew, if she didn't already, that her baby girl was in good hands during the hours that she was away from her at school.