chapter 24.

While she hadn't expressly mentioned it to Tzuyu, Sana fully intended on the evening being a date. She didn't want to just order a pizza and eat it in front of the TV, not that she didn't like doing that, she loved it with Tzuyu but she wanted to put in some extra effort tonight. She needed Tzuyu to know how she felt, and she often struggled with verbally expressing her feelings so she figured that a little extra effort in presentation would help her along the way.

She had dropped Sachi off with Nayeon, who was beyond excited and didn't hesitate to let Sana know how proud of her that she was. She hadn't let her leave for almost an entire hour until Sana had explained her plans for the evening in great detail, before heading off to the store to pick up a few bits and bobs and some ingredients for dinner that she would need for cooking.

When she arrived back home, she set about preparing the food immediately. Sana had found a new love for cooking after Sachi was born. She could no longer rely on takeout and leftovers, she couldn't raise a child on those, so she had taken up cooking and was surprised to find that she was actually rather skilled at it. Sana found that it relaxed her and trying out new recipes and such was always fun, she was eager for Tzuyu to try it and hear her thoughts on it.

Once everything in the kitchen was done and tidied away, Sana slipped the food into the oven and set a timer before heading upstairs to get changed for the evening. She wanted to look nice for Tzuyu, but she knew that they wouldn't be leaving the house so she didn't want to overdo it. She opted for a simple pair of black jeans with a new blouse that she had purchased a few weeks ago. It was the exact same shade of green as her eyes and a little more revealing than her typical choice of clothing, given the fact that the only two people she had really spent time with outwith work the past few years was Nayeon and Sachi, but she felt good in it and the deep V neckline and thin spaghetti straps highlighted everything that she needed it to, without being too obvious.

She spent some time loosely curling her hair, something that she hadn't done for a while given the fact that her mornings usually consisted of getting herself ready as quickly as humanly possible before sorting all of Sachi's things out. After she was done with her hair, Sana applied a light coat of makeup and took a moment to look over her appearance in the mirror. She felt good, she felt really good and she was actually looking forward to seeing Tzuyu. Sure, she was nervous, but she knew that she was doing the right thing and it made it a little easier to keep her anxiety about the whole situation at bay. She finished off with a little lipstick, the same shade of red that she had worn to the father/ daughter dance a few months back, before quickly spraying her perfume and then heading back down the stairs to wait for Tzuyu's arrival.

She had a little under half an hour until Tzuyu was supposed to be showing up, so Sana spent some time preparing the table in the dining room. She had purchased a few little candles, nothing too over the top but just a little something to add to the overall effect. The plates and cutlery were already set up and she had chosen a bottle of wine that she hoped Tzuyu would enjoy before setting it down in the center of the table where they would each be sitting.

She was giving the room a final once-over to make sure that everything was in order when she heard the doorbell ring. Her heart jumped into her throat and her palms began to sweat, but she simply closed her eyes and took a moment to breathe. She replayed the words that Tzuyu had spoken to her as they had sat on the roller coaster at the carnival the month before and allowed herself to believe them: You can do this.

"Hey, thanks for coming." Sana opened the door with a warm smile before stepping aside and letting Tzuyu in.

"Thanks for having me." Tzuyu smiled politely as she entered the house and stood on the spot, waiting for Sana to guide her to whichever room they were going to have their big talk in.