chapter 12.

They spent the remainder of the afternoon hanging out at Nayeon's house. Sana, freshly showered and dressed in a pair of Nayeon's overly long sweats that she had to roll up at the bottom and an old well ahas worn NCU sweatshirt, was snuggled up contently on the couch with Sachi whilst they watched a few different animated Disney movies. Sachi fell asleep less than halfway through the first one and Sana followed closely behind her. If Nayeon snapped a few pics of the sheer adorableness that was the two of them on Sana's phone for her to find later, she certainly wasn't aware of it in her current state of unconsciousness.

Sana felt significantly better when she woke up a little over an hour later. Turns out, she had really needed the nap and she felt a lot less overwhelmed about everything after sleeping off some of the exhaustion. According to Nayeon, Sachi had woken a little before her and was now happily playing with a stack of rainbow colored blocks on the large fuzzy rug in the center of the living area as Sana watched from her spot on the couch.

"Look mommy!" she called out excitedly as she showed off her newest creation. "I made our house!"

"Oh wow sweetie! That's awesome!" Sana exclaimed as she rolled off the couch and crawled over to where Sachi was. She settled comfortably with her legs crossed before Sachi took it upon herself to climb into Sana's lap and continue her creating from there.

Sana watched as she put all of her concentration into stacking the blocks up, her little tongue dipping out ever so slightly in concentration and Sana stifled a laugh. She lived for moments like these. Not the big life altering moments, but the little ones that they shared, just the two of them. Being Sachi's mom, having the honor of watching her grow into this little tiny human, was truly the best thing that had ever happened to her. It was moments like this that made her laugh about how ridiculously worried she was in the beginning.

[flashback]

Sana hadn't been able to fully settle since the moment those two little pink lines had shown up on the test a little under a week ago. Two lines, that's all they were.

Two teeny little lines, and yet her entire world had suddenly been altered forever. Those two little lines were her future staring up at her. It felt a little weird, in the sense that she was doing this part alone. In the movies she always watched the mother anxiously await the test results with the father of the baby, or the woman's best friend by her side. But Sana didn't have either of those things, so she had anxiously awaited the results alone in the en suite bathroom of her brand new house on the edge of the city.

Despite the overwhelming wave of joy that she'd been riding for just under a week, Sana still made sure to remind herself that the tests weren't always accurate, regardless of the fact that she'd taken at least twelve and each of them had displayed the same result. Pregnant.

She sat in the waiting room of the OB GYN's office anxiously toying with her fingers. She'd managed to sneak away from work early to make it to the appointment on time and, as she sat and looked around in the empty waiting area, she assumed that she must be the last patient of the day.

Sana had a tendency to over think everything and her anxiety was through the roof as she awaited her name being called. She knew it was silly, to already have grown this attached to the concept of having a tiny little human being growing inside of her. She knew, even if it turned out that she was in fact pregnant, that so many other things could still go wrong.

"Miss Minatozaki?" a warm voice broke through her thoughts and she turned to view a friendly looking red haired woman smiling comfortingly at her as she stood up.

"Yes, that's me." Sana tried to force a smile, but it appeared as more of a pained expression than a smile.

"I'm Dr. Park, there's no need to be nervous." The woman kindly assured her as she led her back down a hallway and into her office. "I know how daunting this can be but I assure you, we're here to guide you through every step of the way. We'll take care of you."