chapter 25.

"Miss Chou! Why are you here?"

Sachi's little brow furrowed in confusion as she took in the sight of her teacher, her mom, and her aunt all standing by the door watching her intently.

"She's gonna join us for dessert babe! Isn't that exciting?!" Sana asked, maybe a little over-enthusiastically, as she crouched down to Sachi's level. "Can I have a hug? I missed you when you were away." she held her arms out wide but Sachi continued to study them all for a moment, before seemingly coming to the conclusion that she had more exciting things to be thinking about and happily sunk into Sana's embrace.

"We gonna have cake now?" She asked as she pulled away and looked up eagerly at the three women standing before her.

"I gotta get going kiddo, but I'll see you soon, okay?" Nayeon crouched down at the door much like Sana had and pulled Sachi into a hug before standing back up. "You guys have fun, but not too much fun, there's a kid here." she sent off a wink in Tzuyu and Sana's direction before heading out the door.

"Come on babe, let's go get you some cake." Sana put a hand on Sachi's back and gently guided her through to the kitchen as Tzuyu followed closely behind.

"Are you having cake?" Sachi turned to Tzuyu and asked with a smile.

"Uh, of course, I'm having cake! I'd be crazy not to!" she exclaimed while Sachi giggled.

Sana set the little chocolate cake that she had bought earlier in the day from the bakery down on the kitchen counter before she felt Sachi tugging at her leg. She looked down to see the familiar brown-eyed pout that usually indicated that she wanted to be picked up so that she could help out with whatever Sana was doing.

"Oh, come on then." Sana scooped her up and set her down on the counter beside the cake, watching as Sachi eyed it hungrily. Sana laughed as she glanced over at Tzuyu and noticed the exact Same expression mirrored on her face.

She cut three slices, a normal-sized one for herself, a little triangle piece for Sachi, and then a much larger slice for Tzuyu. She set them each down carefully on a plate before lifting Sachi back down from the counter so that she wouldn't fall when Sana went to get the ice cream.

"Which flavor would you like?" she asked Tzuyu as she held up a tub of vanilla and a tub of chocolate chip that she had just taken from the freezer.

"Chocolate please!" Sachi exclaimed, jumping up into the air excitedly to emphasize her point.

"Yeah I know that you want chocolate, my little chocoholic, I was asking our guest." Sana laughed as she held up the ice cream once again and turned to Tzuyu, raising her brow in question.

"I'll have chocolate too, please." Tzuyu winked in Sachi's direction and the two of them swapped a smile.

Sana rolled her eyes before scooping each a few spoonfuls of ice cream out of the tub and dumping them onto the plates beside the cake. She opted for vanilla with her own slice, and a few minutes later the three of them were sitting in the living room enjoying their cake and scoops of ice cream.

Sachi was kneeling on the floor, plate perched on the large wooden coffee table in the center of the room as she wriggled around to whichever song was currently playing on the TV with her spoon hanging out of her mouth whilst Tzuyu and Sana watched from the couch. Tzuyu finished her slice of cake impressively quickly and Sana could feel her eyes on her as she ate her own. She began purposefully making a show out of eating it, making sure to take her time thoroughly licking the spoon between each bite and trying to keep her laughter in check. It didn't last long before Tzuyu caught on to what she was doing.