chapter 19.

"Mommy!"

Sana barely had time to register what was happening before Sachi came running out of her room and crashed full speed into her legs before she wrapped them in a tight hug. Sana laughed as she bent down, prying her little arms away from her before scooping Sachi up and planting kisses all over her face as she settled her on her hip and turned to Nayeon.

"I was just telling little miss Sachi here how impressed you would be if she headed straight up to her room and unpacked her own bag so that mommy wouldn't have to do it." Nayeon winked. "She was so excited that she didn't even come to see you before rushing up here."

"Oh really?!" Sana gasped as she turned to face Sachi, who was nodding enthusiastically in reply.

"I put all my stuff away mommy."

"You did?! That's awesome, baby! I'm so proud of you!" Sana planted another few kisses on her face before setting her back down on the ground.

The three of them headed back down the stairs, Sachi's little hand clutched carefully in Sana's as she took them one step at a time, always stepping down with her right foot instead of alternating between feet as Sana and Nayeon suppressed laughs at the sheer adorableness of the whole thing.

Sachi took off for the playroom as soon as they made it downstairs and Sana continued to the front door to see Nayeon off.

"I have an appointment at the hairdressers in half an hour so I need to run," she told Sana as she slipped her shoes back on. "But we are so talking about this later!" Nayeon squeaked excitedly as she held onto Sana's shoulders and gave them a little shake.

"Do we really have to?" Sana groaned as she covered her face with her hands, desperately wanting nothing more than to just forget the whole thing.

"Uh, of course, we have to!" Nayeon planted an energetic kiss on her forehead before letting out another squeak and heading out the door. "Bye! I'll see you later!"

"Not if I can help it!" Sana called back with a laugh, closing the door just in time to see Nayeon flipping her off as she got into the car.

Sana picked Sachi's previously discarded sneakers up from the floor and put them away neatly in the closet before taking off in search of her little mini-me.

"Hey sweetie?" she called out as she made her way back down the large hallway. "Sachi? Mommy needs to grab a quick shower! You gotta come upstairs with me babe!"

All of the rooms she passed were empty, and Sachi didn't reply. Sana furrowed her brow, assuming that she must have just gotten caught up with one of her toys as she headed to the playroom but when she got there, she found that it was empty too.

"Sachi?!" Sana called out her name a second time, but she was met with silence once again.

It wasn't until she reached the living room at the end of the large hallway that she realized her mistake. Sachi was kneeling on the floor at the coffee table, her mouth ridiculously overflowing with candy that she couldn't quite chew. Her mouth wouldn't close because she had stuffed so much in and Sana didn't know whether to laugh or cry as she rushed over immediately, internally cursing herself for not thinking to put the candy away before Sachi returned. Although, in her defense, she was otherwise occupied.

"Oh my gosh, empty your mouth." she held her hand out in front of Sachi's mouth. "Sachiko Sabrina Minatozaki, I am not messing around. Spit it out, now," she said sternly as Sachi reluctantly emptied the semi chewed up gummy sweets into Sana's hand before she deposited them into an empty popcorn bowl.

"No fair mommy!" Sachi cried.

"You know you have to ask before you get candy, we don't just take it," Sana told her as she picked up the remains of their movie snacks from last night while Sachi continued to scream.