chapter 40.

The month leading up to Sachi's graduation from pre-school was nothing short of hectic. Graduation meant that summer was coming up, and Sana had every intention of taking some time off work to spent time with her girls over the break. The only downside to doing so was that it resulted in Sana having to almost double her hours at the office so that the company wouldn't struggle in her absence. She was exhausted and felt beyond guilty at the amount of time that she had been spending away from home, although she had to admit that Tzuyu had been her shining light through it all.

After an overly emotional, premenstrual, extremely sleep deprived breakdown a few weeks ago about how bad she felt over neglecting her daughter, during which Tzuyu assured her that she most definitely was not neglecting her, Tzuyu suggested that she start bringing Sachi home from school. Sana had declined the offer at first, not wanting to put any stress on Tzuyu, before she told her that she didn't have a choice and that she would be taking her to and from school for the last few weeks if it meant giving Sana peace of mind.

It had actually turned out better than Sana initially thought, Sachi would help Tzuyu pack up her things after school and then Tzuyu would drive them both straight home to Sana' place. It made her feel a lot better knowing that at least Sachi was in her own house, not that Sana minded her being at Nayeon's place or at daycare, both of those were a huge blessing to her, but she liked the thought of Sachi being at home with Tzuyu.

It also meant that she got to come home to Tzuyu at night who, for all intents and purposes, had essentially moved into the house. She figured it would be easier for Tzuyu to just spend the night on school nights so that she wouldn't have to get up mega early to pick Sachi up, and Sana quickly realized just how thankful she was for the woman who she now got to share her bed with each and every night.

Not only did Tzuyu take Sachi to and from school, but she also got her ready in the mornings and bathed her at night so that Sana wouldn't have to worry about doing it before and after work. She packed both Sana and Sachi's lunch each night and made sure the two of them had it before rushing off for the day. Sana had been almost positive that she couldn't love Tzuyu more than she already did, but she just kept surprising her.

It was the little things, some nights Sana would be so stressed and exhausted from the long work day that she just wouldn't be in the mood to talk, and Tzuyu would simply wrap her up in her arms and just hold her close. Other nights she would be so wound up from a meeting or conference that she had with some of the older male investors that she would go off on rants that lasted well into the night, and Tzuyu would simply lay beside her and listen until Sana felt better. There was always a meal waiting for Sana at home despite the late hour she usually got back, and Tzuyu would always make sure that she ate it before going to sleep.

Sana wasn't sure how she would have coped without Tzuyu, and as the week of Sachi's graduation and the start of her vacation approached, she was realizing more and more that she really didn't want to. She didn't want to go back to Tzuyu only spending the night at the weekend, she didn't want to spend most of her nights sleeping alone. She didn't want to go back to a life where Oreo didn't greet her excitedly at the door every single time she arrived back home. She wanted exactly what she had. She wanted crazy rushed mornings with Tzuyu by her side, she wanted dinner at 10pm with Tzuyu all but spoon-feeding it to her because she was so exhausted from working all day, she wanted to come home to the sight of Tzuyu crashed out in Sachi's bed with one of her books clutched to her chest. She wanted a life with Tzuyu, and she knew that it was something she would have to bring up to her when she got the chance.

Sana finished up with work for the summer the day before Sachi's little graduation ceremony and she made sure that she left her office early enough to get home in time to see her before she went to bed for the night. The house was quiet when Sana stepped inside, and she guessed from the lack of Oreo excitedly running around at her feet that the three of them must be upstairs. After kicking off her heels and setting her back down at the door, Sana padded down the hall and made her way up the stairs. Sachi's room was empty when she walked passed, so she continued on to her own room, hearing the laughter before she even arrived at the door.