chapter 34..

When Sana woke up the next day her morning started off like every other weekend morning. She always set her alarm for an hour later than she would usually get up to make sure that she would be up in time for Sachi but still allowed herself a little extra sleep, and then spent a little time laying in bed scrolling through her various social media apps and going through her notifications, she didn't pay any attention to the date. It wasn't until she unlocked her phone to a text message from Nayeon as she lay beneath the comforter that she realized what day it was.

Nayeon: Happy Birthday you grandma!! I love you so much! Naliyah says happy birthday too, don't kill us for remembering! We're taking you and the munchkin out for lunch, pick you up at 2, non-debatable! See you soon Xx

Sana rolled her eyes as she dramatically let out a puff of breath, although she couldn't deny the slight smile that betrayed her as she quickly typed up a reply, thanking Nayeon and letting her know that both herself and Sachi would be ready for her picking them up before she sent off a quick good morning text to Tzuyu and quickly jumped in the shower.

Sana had no idea where they were headed for lunch although she knew that it thankfully wouldn't be anywhere over the top or ridiculously expensive if the kids were going, so she opted to wear a pair of her nicer jeans paired with a comfortable t shirt and a long thick knitted cardigan. She let Sachi pick out her own outfit, and while it was certainly interesting and would no doubt land her a spot on fashion police if she were to dress that way in a few years, she seemed happy with it so Sana was more than happy with letting her express herself.

After Nayeon's horn sounded in the driveway, Sana immediately helped Sachi outside, giving the place a quick once over to make sure that she wasn't forgetting anything before locking the door behind her and making her way over to the car. Nayeon already had her own car seat for Sachi, they quickly realized that switching the one between Sana's and Nayeon's cars on the days that Nayeon would be picking Sachi up or taking them both places was more hassle than necessary so Sana bought another one and set it up in the back of Nayeon's car last year. Once she made sure Sachi was safely buckled in, Sana rounded the car and climbed into the passengers seat.

"Happy birthday!" Nayeon smiled widely before pulling Sana into a quick hug.

"Happy birthday aunt Sana!" Naliyah joined in, leaning forward between the two front seats to place a kiss on her cheek.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Sana playfully rolled her eyes as they laughed.

They spent the drive animatedly singing along to a few songs on the radio before pulling up outside a familiar restaurant. It wasn't anything super fancy, but Sana and Nayeon often met up there for lunch shortly after Sachi was born to give Sana a reason to get out of the house. It was private and the food was delicious.

They were seated at their usual table in the back corner by the window and, after taking a ridiculously long time to pick what seat she wanted to sit in, Sachi eventually clambered up into one and Sana sat next to her. The waitress arrived at the table shortly afterwards and took all four of their orders before disappearing again. Sana had forgotten how much she loved doing things like this, all four of them. Nayeon and Naliyah truly were her family and it really meant more to her than she could say that they cared enough to drag her out for lunch to celebrate her birthday with.

"Hey, thanks for this, I love you guys." Sana told them as their drinks arrived at the table. "I know I don't really like birthdays, but it means a lot that you care."

"Okay you big softie." Nayeon laughed kindheartedly. "We love you too."

"I love you the mostest mommy!" Sachi cut in loudly, earning laughter from everyone at the table as Sana leaned over to her.