chapter 13.

The first thing Tzuyu registered when she stirred the next morning was the consistent pounding of her brain against the inside of her skull. The sun was steadily streaming in through the gap between her curtains and she fought against the pain of the unwelcome brightness as she pried open her eyes, bleary and squinting as she struggled to locate her phone on the nightstand to check the time. Her limbs felt heavy as she held her phone up ridiculously close to her face and only just made out the information on the screen. It was a little after nine, which usually wouldn't phase her too much until she noticed the day at the top of the screen and felt her adrenaline jump start. Monday.

Tzuyu shot up out of bed immediately, muttering a few choice curse words under her breath as she tried to settle herself enough to think clearly. Work. She was late for work. She had to go to work. Her stomach roiled in protest and she was suddenly painfully certain of one thing. She was about to throw up.

She rushed into the bathroom, handing smacking blindly for the light switch on the wall before dropping to her knees in front of the toilet bowl, scooping her hair back and miserably waiting for the inevitable. Tzuyu hated throwing up, not that she knew anyone who enjoyed it, but she wallowed in self pity as she repeatedly emptied the contents of her stomach into the toilet bowl. She barely registered Jeongyeon creeping in and tying her hair up for her in the midst of her retching, but when she was sure she was done, she zoned in on the comforting feeling of Jeongyeon's warm hand rubbing circles up and down across the expanse of her back as she sank down onto the floor, pressing her cheek against the welcomed cool of tile.

"I'm gonna be.. late for work." she mumbled sleepily in Jeongyeon's direction.

"It's a long weekend, you idiot. You don't have work." Jeongyeon reminded her as she attempted to scoop her up from the floor.

Every part of Tzuyu's body protested the movement and Jeongyeon eventually gave in trying to lift the dead weight that was her extremely hungover sister up from the floor, opting instead to bring a pillow and blanket from her bedroom through to the bathroom for Tzuyu to lay on. By the time she returned with with a glass of water and a few painkillers, Tzuyu had passed out once again, curled up with the pillow.

It was noon before she finally stirred again, her body aching and sore from lying on the tiled floor for so long. Tzuyu pulled herself up into a sitting position before she figured out what had woken her in the first place. The smell. It was heavenly. Whatever Jeongyeon was cooking in the kitchen strongly agreed with her hangover and she mustered the strength to scrape herself up from the floor and pad through to the kitchen, her head continuously pounding in time with each of her steps as she went.

"Oh good, you're alive! I made you lunch." Jeongyeon greeted her as she hoisted herself up into one of the stools at the kitchen island and rested her cheeks in her palms

Tzuyu mumbled a quick thanks before a plate of pure bliss was set before her and she felt her mouth water as she took it in. It was everything she could've wanted in that moment. Sausage, bacon, eggs and a few questionably shaped, but surprisingly delicious looking, pancakes.

She tucked in immediately, stopping only to take a few gulps of the heavenly coffee that Jeongyeon had set down beside her at some point while she stuffed her face, before resuming. By the time she had finished, she felt marginally better than she had earlier when she'd woken up, and Jeongyeon managed to coax her over to the couch.

"Thank you for getting me home last night. I'm not sure I would've survived without you here." Tzuyu laughed as Jeongyeon handed her another steaming hot mug of coffee and sat down beside her. "I'm sorry for getting so carried away with the whole drinking thing, I'm not sure what happened."