.nine; season 2.

• • •

• • •

5595 words

Upon our arrival, before us stood a gigantic and luxurious skyscraper type building with various floors. The front enterance was decorated with a stylized flaming 'E', which stood for Endeavor.

I was about to walk in, but I noticed that Todoroki had stayed behind, examining the burning 'E', as he seemed to be in deep thought.

"Are you coming?" I asked him in a calm tone, as he snapped out of his thoughts, averting his gaze to me.

"Yeah. Sorry. I zoned out a bit." Shoto said as he came beside me.

"Don't worry, Shoto. We're just here for the experience." I said to him, reassuring him, as he seemed to tense down somewhat.

"You're right." Todoroki said, as the two of us entered the building.

As soon as we stepped inside, some kind of laser scanned across us, a security protocol, checking our identities.

"Shoto Todoroki, access granted. (F/N), access granted." the simulated voice spoke.

A bit too much, but okay.

We walked through several floors, which consisted of offices. Over 30 sidekicks, and they seem to all have some sort of fire-based Quirk. Makes sense.

Todoroki and I stood infront of the large doors, which lead to Endeavor's office. I was ready to go in, but I knew Todoroki needed a moment. He seemed to be rather hesitant about working with his father.

His hand reached for the door handle, and he embraced it for a few seconds, before opening the large doors.

Endeavor's personal office was a large room with a relatively small table, sofas around it, and his desk inside. Quite minimalistic.

Endeavor stood at the windows which covered the wall, as he heard the door open, he went to his desk.

Me and Shoto switched gazes, before the two of us walked towards his desk.

"I have been waiting for you, Shoto. It seems you are finally ready to take the path of the mighty, huh?" Endeavor asked demeaningly.

"I have no intention of going down a path you made. I will take my own path." Shoto said plainly.

I feel like I shouldn't be part of this conversation.