.4. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴍᴀᴅᴇ. ʙʏ ᴡʜᴏᴍ? ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴇ.

Think of me

When the Smile all but fades

When the Voice turns quiet

When the Pen runs dry

And the Piano stays silent

Think of me

When searching for the missing talents

Look around and pay attention

You'll find me laughing in the crowd

Holding your heart in my hands.

A. Lupin

PS: I'm back because you're bored.

Jungkook scoffed at that last sentence and promptly got on his feet. "Lizbeth!"

The old housekeeper opened the door she had been about to close on her way out. "What is it?"

"Who brought you this note? What did they say?"

"It was a boy. He did not say his name. He simply mentioned it coming from a fan of yours."

The young detective smirked and quickly unlatched the window of his second-floor flat located on 221B Baker Street, only to watch an urchin run off into the crowd.

Arsène Lupin? A fan of mine?

How would the infamous gentleman thief know anything about Jeon Jungkook? Was it because he had trained with John Watson, Sherlock Holmes's closest friend? Or perhaps he hadn't heard the news of Holmes' passing, over a decade ago, and had sent the note to his old nemesis? Jungkook shook his head. That was highly unlikely. The great detective's funeral had been covered by every single media outlet in the country and abroad.

Now that he thought about it, he found it odd that Lupin was back after all these years. Why now? Many figured the uncatchable thief had gone into retirement. Some even argued he had died. This note, however, suggested otherwise. Yet, if Lupin was indeed alive, he was likely too old to commit similarly elaborate robberies which drove Scotland Yard's finest crazy back in the day.

There was another explanation. Someone was pulling a prank on him by impersonating Lupin. For what purpose though? And why would that someone claim to be a fan? Admittedly, the young detective had helped solve a few tough cases, but nothing as impressive as the unmatched record of his role model nor that would justify such fan mail.

Oh but wait—

This poem wasn't the first gift he had gotten this week from a mysterious admirer. On his desk lay two tickets to the upcoming comeback of worldwide-famous Kantanto Jin. Were they also from Lupin?

He had given them to Lizbeth, thinking she too deserved to be entertained every now and then. But the old lady had politely declined, claiming she had nothing appropriate to wear for such a fancy event. When Jungkook had offered to take her shopping, she retorted she didn't want to go through the hassle of finding a date.

"I can be your date, if you'd like," he had said.

Lizbeth had always been like a grandmother to him. He would have been more than happy to accompany her to the recital. "Oh that's sweet of you dear, but I'm sure you can find yourself a more suitable date than this old woman here."

There was in fact one person he would have loved to take out. But he was clearly falling short of bravura.

His mind slowly drifted to that one evening, about a month ago, during which he had played hide and seek in the dark, inside Taehyung's huge home. He could still remember how displeased Claude looked over the dinner which had been served and had gone cold because neither him nor Tae had showed up on time.

Jungkook chuckled at the thought.

A moment later, he had grabbed the transmitter of his candlestick phone and waited for the operator to put him through to number 18 Kensington 8. When he heard the deep voice on the other end of the line, he realized just how much he had missed it. "Taehyung?"

"Jungkook? You called!"

"Yes, I did. And I was wondering, are you busy next Wednesday?"

"As a matter of fact, I'm not."

"Great. Because I have tickets to see Jin the Kantanto and I don't want to go by myself."

"Try that again."

"What?"

"It was an earnest endeavor, Jungkook. But that's not how you ask someone out."

The young man almost choked. Is that what he was attempting to do? Ask Taehyung out? "I'm—I just—"

"Jungkook."

"Yes?"

"Are you available next Wednesday?"

"—Yes."

"Great. Because I'd like to take you out to dinner. I know this great place that's not too far from the Royal Opera House."

"That sounds — lovely actually."

"You can take me to Jin's recital afterwards."

"Yes, of course."

"There. That's how you do it."

"Oh — so we're not really — going out to dinner?"

"Of course we are, silly!"

Jungkook's heart was doing backflips. Could a simple phone conversation possibly induce a heart-attack?

"I'll see you Wednesday then."

"—Yes. See you then, Taehyung."

After placing the receiver back on its switchhook, Jungkook looked at his hands which were moist and trembling. Was he nervous about the date? Or was he worried he may have fallen into Lupin's trap?

And if that was the case, he had just brazenly dragged Taehyung along with him.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡