.29. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴄʀʏ ᴄᴜᴢ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ

You'll find me laughing in the crowd

Holding your heart in my hands.

The last two verse of Lupin's poem echoed in Jungkook's ears as he walked through the busy King's Cross railway station, in search of a familiar face. The couple thousands of passengers, pulling and pushing luggage left and right, weren't making his task any easier. Doubt slowly crept up on him. Was Jimin's hunch correct after all? The reporter had been convinced the most crowded place in Britain had to be the Tower of London, home to the Crown Jewels, an impressive collection of over twenty thousand gemstones which were bound to excite the greed of a thief such as Lupin. "They're said to be the most visited objects in Britain!" he had declared, proud to be able to display his hard-earned journalistic knowledge in front of the Queen.

Since they couldn't agree, they had decided to split. Who was going to get to Lupin first? Our young detective was about to lose hope when suddenly, something short of a miracle happened. The otherwise permanent smog suffocating the City of London partially lifted, allowing the sun to cast its rays onto the platforms teeming with people. Standing there, in the midst of swarming travellers, a pair of broad shoulders he would have recognized anywhere.

"Taehyung!" he yelled, heart skipping a beat as the other turned his head to look at him, a loving smile adorning his already beautiful features. That's when Jungkook regretted not being one of those French impressionists, as he yearned to capture the light bouncing off the fluffy brown locks while lingering over the glowing skin his achingly starved lips were presently dying to taste.

"You came!" was all Taehyung said.

"So it was you."

"Does it matter, now?"

"What do you mean?"

"The outcome of this whole setup has always depended on you."

"Has it, now?" Jungkook had known all this time it would boil down to this one choice he had to make but kept postponing because he was not ready to face any of the consequences, whatever decision he went with. Looking down, he noticed a large suitcase standing next to Taehyung.

"Are you leaving?"

"Oh this? It's actually my gift to you, remember?"

"You mean to tell me that's the thing you were working on the night I came to your place uninvited?"

"Precisely! Do you want to know what that thing is?"

"Do show me," said Jungkook, clapping his hands excitedly.

Taehyung beamed at the cute gesture before pulling what looked like a controller from his inside pocket and pressing a button. The suitcase released steam before opening itself and unfolding its content. Jungkook's eyes grew wide as the device spread out, revealing itself to be a glider of some kind. The size of the craft had people around them complaining it was taking up space on the already overcrowded platforms, but neither of them cared.

"Are you sure you're allowed to fly that in here?" asked Jungkook warily.

"Do you not remember who I'm supposed to be? Since when does Lupin care about abiding by the law?"

Jungkook laughed at his own silly remark while Taehyung stepped on the flying machine. He strapped himself to the safety belt and turned toward the other, holding his hand out. "Well, are you coming?"

The younger knew he was done for as soon as he noticed the twinkle in the other's eyes. He stretched his hand out for Tae to grab, and swiftly found himself in his arms.