.41. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟs sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ (ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ)

Keeping an eye the 'foreigner' had proven a fairly painless assignment. Indeed, l'uomo in rosa had not left his hotel room since he was first seen entering it, some six hours ago. The only noticeable activity had been the room service delivery at around 1600 hours but other than that, "nothing to report" said the greybeard to his fellow undercover APTF (Angelo Protection Task Force) replacement. "It's been quiet. Mostly," he added with a yawn.

"What do you suppose he be doing, locked up in there with our Angelo?" asked the old woman who was settling down in one of the plump sofas of the hotel lobby, getting ready for her surveillance shift.

The old man snorted. "What do you suppose two studs do for six hours in a room which furniture consists of one single king-size bed?"

The woman blushed, hitting playfully on the other's arm. "You are incorrigible!" she admitted but went quiet after that. Someone was rushing down the stairs.

"Taehyung! Wait!" The charming black-haired foreigner could be heard two floors above as Angelo sprinted down toward the concierge, shirt unbuttoned and hair dishevelled.

Despite his flagrant hurry, he found himself greeting the two not-very-secret-agents with a sorry smile. "Perdonami, this tailing job must be quite a waste of your time."

Unsure as to the protocol in place when being exposed, the two elderly simply looked away, feigning sudden deafness.

"Please don't skip aperitivo on my account," Angelo added before facing the receptionist. "Buonasera. How can I make a long-distance call, per favor?"

The man motioned toward a booth on the side, just big enough to hold a single armchair. A black candlestick phone was resting on top of a console table. "Just ask for the international operator. They'll put you through."

"Grazie mille."

"What room should I bill the call to?"

"Mine," said Jungkook a little out of breath, as he reached the reception desk.

Taehyung turned around, eyes sparkling with endearment. He couldn't resist placing a soft kiss on the other's smirk. "We'll also need to address your sudden wealth because I know for a fact the earnings of a private detective cannot possibly cover all this — lavishness!" He gestured at their beautiful surroundings.

A pout showed up on the young inspector's face. "More talking means less lovemaking," he declared in all honesty, arms wrapping themselves around the other's waist.

"We could always multitask," Taehyung whispered, hands resting on his lover's biceps. Someone cleared their throat nearby.

Both men turned to face the rather flushed concierge who was kindly pointing toward a sign hanging on the wall behind.

"I have no clue what that says," Jungkook confessed.

Taehyung shoved him teasingly. "My dear Jungkook, you're going to get us arrested for public indecency!"

He reluctantly extricated himself from the other's embrace and headed toward the booth. "Just let me make that call. I really need to sort some things out."

Understanding, the young inspector let go of him and sat down next to the older woman who was still trying to figure out how to look unsuspicious. "Sooo, you're the relief?"

Blank stare.

"It's okay. I know you're doing this because you care for him."

Blink. Blink.