.45. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴀʀᴇʟʏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ɪᴛ

It was well after midnight when Taehyung got a glimpse of the anguish Jungkook must have endured for that past few months. Granted they hadn't spent that many nights together until now, and there were probably quite a few things Taehyung had yet to learn about the man he was presently sharing his life with. But finding out about them in the dead of the night was quite distressing, to say the least.

It started with a whimper, barely heard, which soon turned into an alarmingly loud whine.

"Darling?" Taehyung kept his voice low as he placed his hand on his fiance's heaving chest. Jungkook's ragged breathing picked up at a frightening rate when the convulsions began.

"Hey, love. Don't worry. Everything's fine. I'm right here," Taehyung whispered as he wrapped his arms around his fiance's writhing figure, adding a little pressure over his lover's heart, to try and ground him in his touch. "It's just a bad dream."

Jungkook's eyes remained closed as he shifted toward the other's chest, curling around the soothing hand, respiration still shallow. What could Taehyung do but gently stroke the shaky shoulders and shower him with calming words? It didn't take long for him to realize that he wanted nothing more in the world than to be there for this man, and protect him with all his might.

The sobbing eventually subsided, making way for deep, long breaths, an unmistakeable sign that peaceful slumber had finally settled in, to Taehyung's relief. Watching him sleep, his sight turned blurry at the thought of Jungkook making the ultimate sacrifice and the toll it must have taken on his nerves. He hated to imagine how he'd been alone all these nights, fighting the nightmares on his own while Taehyung had been crying himself to sleep hundreds of miles away.

What did he do to deserve such a man, willing to give up on life for his sake? Taehyung couldn't help but feel selfish, spoiled and unworthy. That lavish existence Lupin had provided was so unlike Jungkook's devotion and generosity. Indulging in his bolstering love for the man now resting in his arms, he silently vowed to cherish him until death did them part. And even beyond, in their shared ethereal consciousness.

Behind the drawn curtains, the coming dawn was already edging on the horizon when Taehyung finally managed to pull himself out of his fiance tight hold without waking him. After Jungkook's rough night, his heart ached as he quietly got dressed. This time, however, he made sure to leave a note on the bedside table.

Day one of worshipping Jungkook in as many ways as humanly possible could now begin.

And where else could it start but in the kitchen? Despite the specific instructions Taehyung had given regarding the scrambled eggs and crispy bacon, the amateur chef he was couldn't resist checking on the cooking in person. He even helped dress the plates and insisted on taking the trolley up himself.

Once he stepped out of the kitchen, the cooks let out a knowing sigh. Honeymooners, sind alle gleich.

Jungkook had shifted in his sleep and was hugging a pillow when Taehyung returned. No matter how adorable he found the scene, the man was concerned about the food going cold and thus began peppering Jungkook's face with the softest pecks he could manage. A smile soon graced the lips of the still very much half-asleep fiance. "You're up?" he asked in his drowsy morning voice.

"Hey beautiful," Taehyung whispered. "Ready for some breakfast?"

The smile grew bigger as Jungkook nodded eagerly. "If you feed me."

There were giggles at the cute request. "Anything for my favourite sleepyhead." Taehyung got up to pour him a cup of coffee. "How did you sleep last night?" he decided to ask, wondering if Jungkook remembered anything.