ACT FOUR, SCENE THREE

FONTAINE MANOR

"La toute petite araignée a grimpé le long de la gouttière. La pluie est tombée et a emporté l'araignée. Le soleil s'est levé et a séché toute la pluie. Et la toute petite araignée a regrimpé le long de la gouttière."

Sage's voice was soft as she sang to the baby, rocking him back and forth in a chair in the corner of what had once been a guest room, but had now been transformed into a nursery for Harry.

The nursery itself was painted a pale yellow, with the same hardwood floors that covered the entirety of that wing of the house. On the wall above his bed was a photograph of his parents that featured the deceased smiling and laughing to themselves. She'd hung a mobile above his bed as well, one that had little snowy owls and dragons of various species that spun in lazy circles.

As much as she'd like for him to feel completely happy and at peace in this room, in this house, she knew this was not where he was supposed to be. He was meant to be in his home in Godric's Hollow with his parents.

"Again!" He babbled with a giggle.

She rolled her eyes and pressed a small kiss to his head, going along with the toddler's demands and singing the nursery rhyme once more for him.

The quiet of the night was broken by a knock at the front door, and then it was silent again, only for Anna-Lee to gasp in shock.

"English! Get down here right now!"

Sage wasn't sure whether to bring Harry or leave him in his crib; Anna-Lee didn't sound scared, angry, or worried, but it was hard to tell. She made the decision to prop the boy on her hip and meet Anna-Lee in the foyer.

Standing on the front step, in the middle of a blizzard with snowflakes in his curly brown hair, was Regulus Black, shivering from the cold.

Sage was quick to set Harry down, as much as she didn't want to, and she leapt into Regulus's grasp, arms wrapping around the back of his neck.

"What're you doing here?" She exclaimed, her voice a mixture of furious and delighted.

He laughed and let her go, immediately going to the child who was sat on the floor, playing with the corner of the area rug.

He scooped up Harry and held him close. "Well, once this little lad killed Voldemort, there's no one standing in my way. Especially since the Lestranges are in Azkaban, along with my brother." He gave her a sad look. "I'm sorry about that, by the way. I know you never expected to have to do this without him."

Although Sage Fontaine was excellent at keeping secrets, she could not hide the way her face fell at the mention of Sirius from Regulus

His eyes seemed to say I miss him, too, but he didn't say anything.

She cleared her throat. "I'm going to put Harry to bed, and then we'll talk, alright?"

she's singing itsy bitsy spider btw