ACT FOUR, SCENE THIRTEEN

ST. MUNGOS

On the third of May, 1983, at two in the morning, Maia Allison Dumont went into labor.

Sage had been woken up abruptly by a frantic call from Remus, and the poor man was terrified.

"Sage, her water's broke. I dunno what to do. Can you—can you come over? Please? I can't do this by myself." He'd begged, voice trembling.

So, like the generous and loving person Sage was, she rolled out of bed at exactly half past two, threw on a pair of pants, and went to wake up Anna-Lee. The American was more than willing to take care of Harry while Sage was gone, and with that, she Apparated to St. Mungos.

Just like the birthing room that Anna-Lee had delivered in, Maia's room smelled earthy and so similar to the Slytherin dorms.

"Oh, thank Godric." Remus breathed from Maia's bedside. "I'm sorry I had to wake you. She just...she panicks less when you're around." He was whispering, as Maia was fast asleep thanks to the Healer's calming spell.

Sage nodded. "How far along is she?"

Her question left Remus blubbering. "I—what? What do you mean? She's nine months along. About to pop. Literally."

"You're an idiot, Remus. How far along, as in, how long has she been in labor, how much is she dilated, things like that." Sage said, rolling her eyes. "Go find me her Healer, alright? I have questions. And this isn't my first birthing rodeo."

Remus blushed, and he was more than happy to go grab a Healer.

Three hours later, Maia's contractions had started, and Remus was on the receiving end of her anger.

"You did this!" She hissed in pain, glaring daggers at him. "You should've used a contraception spell. I wish I'd never met you. I hate you." She continued to spew insults while Sage stifled laughter.

"Fuck!" Maia yelled.

The Healer at her feet smiled kindly. "Alright, Mrs. Lupin. Time to push. Mr. Lupin, it's often seen as helpful and comforting for the father to get behind the mother for support."

"It's Dumont. Not Lupin. Bastard hasn't gotten me to marry him yet." Maia groaned.

Remus gnawed on his lip as he climbed behind Maia, rooting around in his pocket once he had gotten situated. His free hand wrapped around Maia's, and the hand that had been digging in the pocket of his trousers had produced a ring.

It was simple and modest, a thin silver band with a small opal attached to it. It looked old, or at least like it had been passed down through the generations.

"It was my mum's," Remus murmured under his breath, directly into Maia's ear. "Asked her to give it to me a month after we graduated...figured I'd need it."

Jessie Hope Lupin was born at three in the afternoon, to two loving parents and two aunts who adored her.

Rowan had shown up three hours into labor, calling off work just to be with her best friend. Rightfully named godmother to Jessie, Rowan was just glad to be there to witness the baby's birth.

Named after both Remus and Maia's mothers, Jessie had her mother's dark hair and tan skin, with her father's dark brown eyes.

Jessie Hope Lupin was loved, so incredibly loved, from the moment she entered the world.

trelawneys prophecy has come true!
also: a couple of y'all suggested a madeleine x harry fic and while that would be adorable, they were raised together. like, they're practically siblings. so i must respectfully decline