ACT FIVE, SCENE EIGHTEEN

FONTAINE MANOR

The start of Harry's fourth year meant both of Sage's boys were leaving the house. Sirius had asked her to come with him, to move closer to Hogwarts so they could properly watch over their godson, but she had refused.

"He can handle himself, Sirius. I don't think Peter would dare go after Harry again, especially after what I did to Lawson." She'd told him one night, when Harry was at the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasleys.

He'd grumbled about it, of course. He felt like he had to make up for the years of Harry's life that he'd missed whilst in Azkaban. She'd reassured him that their godson wasn't resentful, didn't blame him for it, but he still felt so guilty.

So on the night of 1 September, Sage and Anna-Lee sat on opposite ends of the kitchen table, sipping wine to distract them from the fact that her husbands were far away—Noah had been on a business trip for the past week, and he wouldn't be coming back for another fortnight.

"So how's married life, English?" Anna-Lee asked to break their silence. "You got that newlywed glow."

Sage chuckled lowly. "It's not like anything's any different than it used to be. The only thing that's changed is the fact that there's a ring on my finger and I've taken his last name." She remarked, taking a deep swig of her merlot.

Anna-Lee wasn't letting up. "You didn't even get a honeymoon! Every married couple should have a honeymoon."

"It's not like we can go wherever, Yankee. He's got a price on his head and we're both aware of that. A honeymoon wasn't an option." Sage admitted, and her eyes locked on the window above the sink, staring out into the sunset on the western horizon.

They both sighed, letting the silence wash over them once more.

All Sage could think about was how much she missed Sirius. It'd only been a few hours since he left to go watch over Harry, but she had grown so used to having him around every day, and even a day apart felt like her heart was somewhere else.

She'd never been the clingy type, never been the one to say I miss you, no matter how deeply she felt it.

Something about Sirius had changed her fundamentally, and everyone could see it.

She cleared her throat and reached for her phone, tapping the screen a few times until it started to ring.

"Hi, love. How's Scotland?"