ACT FOUR, SCENE NINETEEN

NOTTINGHAM SCHOOL

Sage sat in an uncomfortable chair, across the desk from Harry's teacher. Her face was stony, and she was not interested in hearing the woman across from her talk badly about her godson or her parenting style.

"Miss Fontaine, your son—"

Sage held up a hand. "I dunno if you read Harry's file, but I am not his mother. He isn't my son. Maybe if you read his file, even skimmed it before you started teaching him, you'd know why his behavior isn't always ideal." She said plainly.

"I don't like your attitude, Miss Fontaine." Mrs. Wright said, eyebrows quirked upwards.

Sage snorted and crossed her arms. "Harry is an exceptional child. He is smarter than any other child I've ever met, and seeing as he watched both of his parents be murdered in front of him when he was a toddler, I'd say he's doing wonderfully, despite his trauma.

"He told me that he isn't just hitting the other children first—he's only hitting them back, after they laid their hands on him. So unless you want me to personally deal with the little shitheads that are hurting my godson, I would suggest you do something about it instead." She snapped.

Mrs. Wright went pale, shrinking back. "I actually have read his file. And the file we have about you. In between jobs, shared custody with Harry's aunt, no educational background from a reputable organization. Never even went to university. So, no, I don't blame him for his behavior. I just assume his acting out comes from his home life. Which is why I wanted to meet with you."

Sage was itching to grab her wand and hex the wench in front of her. But unless she wanted to get her wand snapped in half and be stripped of all her magic by the Ministry, she knew she had to behave.

"I'll be pulling Harry from this school over the Christmas holiday. He'll be attending somewhere better, with teachers that wish to help him succeed." Sage said, beginning to stand up. "I suggest you work on your teaching abilities, Heather. Because not every parent will be as forgiving as I am."

period