ACT FIVE, SCENE TWENTY SEVEN

FONTAINE MANOR

When Harry Potter returned home two days later, he found Sage in her bedroom, and it looked like she was packing her things.

"What're you doing?" He asked hesitantly, standing in the doorway of the room, too nervous to enter.

She glanced up from her suitcase and, upon seeing him, she crossed the room in two quick strides and pulled him into a hug. She seemed to wince when her left forearm brushed against his back, and she drew away quickly.

"I've got to go for a while." She said simply, not quite meeting his eyes. "The Order—I mean, the Aurors are sending me to France for a few weeks to do some business."

He could tell when she was lying to him, and it seemed like this was one of those rare times that she was hiding something from him.

He crossed his arms indignantly. "Tell me the truth, Aunt Sage. If it has something to do with Voldemort being back, I want to help. I've killed him once. Who's to say I can't do it again?"

Sage looked shocked. "No. You don't get to be a hero right now. I know you're the Chosen One or whatever, but I thought I raised you well enough that you wouldn't let that become your whole identity. Let me handle it." Her tone was harsh, and when he shrunk back, she sighed apologetically.

She brushed his unruly hair out of his face and couldn't help but to glance at the lightning-shaped scar on his forehead. "Look, you can either go stay with your Aunt Pneumonia for a few extra days, or you can stay here, with Sirius and Regulus, until I get back." She offered.

"If it has to do with the Order of the Phoenix—don't even try to hide it from me. I know my parents were a part of it—I want to know what's going on." Harry said sharply, and his eyes, so similar to his mother's, narrowed, as if he knew exactly what his aunt was going to do. "You're going to try to kill Voldemort, aren't you?"

She glared at him, although her expression was far from serious. "You are the bane of my existence, Harry James Potter. Go to your room, alright? Sirius should be back by dinnertime."

He shook his head fervently. "I want to come with you." He demanded.

Her hand drifted to the bandage under the sleeve of her jumper. "Harry, I love you endlessly. You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. But I need you to have a normal childhood and not try to get yourself killed." She told him. "Please. Don't make me hex you." Her smile broke through her solemn facade, rare and bright and beaming.

His expression was stony. "I'm old enough to make my own decisions. And I've decided that I want to come with you."

"And as your legal guardian and parent, I've decided that you don't get to make that decision."