ACT FIVE, SCENE EIGHT

UNSENT LETTERS

Sage,
Harry's so talented. He conjured his first Patronus the other day.
Do you know what memory he used? It wasn't exactly a memory, but he mentioned the pictures of Lily and James you had up around the house. Seeing them so happy in photographs was the memory he used.
You raised a damn good wizard, and an even better kid, Sage.
I'm proud of the both of you.
Miss you, Fontaine.
Remus

Aunt Sage,
He was their friend. Did you know that? That the man who betrayed my parents was their best friend, apart from you?
Is that why you never talk about the night they died? Because their best friend was the one to betray them?
I had to learn from McGonagall that Sirius Black was the one to sell them out, that he was my godfather.
She also said something quite funny. The two of you were together. For years. And you continued to defend him until no one listened to you anymore. Do you know how that makes me feel? It makes me feel like you are equally as guilty.
Is that why you made me stay with the Dursleys for so long towards the end of summer? Because you were with him after he escaped?
He killed my parents, Aunt Sage. He gave them away to Voldemort.
Is that why you raised me for all those years? So you could get me killed, too?
I have so many questions, but I have a feeling you won't answer any of them.
Whatever.
Harry

Sage,
He's so much like you. Every single time I see him, I just see you—his mannerisms, his temper, how protective he is of his friends. All of it's you. Harry might look like his parents but he acts just like you.
The fact that you raised him is so clear just by the way he holds himself. Head high, shoulders back, chin up.
This is exactly how Lily and James would have wanted him to be raised.
Thank you for taking care of him when I couldn't.
I love you so fucking much.
Love,
Sirius