sixteen

better

/ˈbedər/
adjective
synonym: finer, superior

1. of a more excellent or effective type or quality.

"everything is better now."

Jennie,

CONDOMINIUM COMPLEX 4:19 PM, Wednesday

CONDOMINIUM COMPLEX
4:19 PM, Wednesday

It has only been two days since I last saw her, and every fiber in my body was eager to just go and run back to her. Hug her tight, and never ever let her go.

But I knew this was my fault. I have hurt her deeply, and she was deserving of the space from me that she wanted.

"Did your mom lash out on you, when you were eight. The moment you came back in the house?" Mrs. Kyon asked.

I was currently halfway my second therapy appointment after the first one last monday. To guarantee the success of this, it was given that she needs to know who I really am, does include being the President's daughter.

"Yes. She was mad." I answered.

"Did you cry? Did it hurt you, hearing your mother shout at you?" she asked.

"Of course it did. I was eight, young, and naïve. All I wanted was for my mom to love me." I said, trying to contain the tears.

She smiled, and scribbled something on her notes. My mind was clouded with thoughts, trying to remember everything that happened when I was eight. But most importantly, my mind was drifting off to the woman who was on the other room.

Lisa and I did not see each other, but I set the schedules even before we decided to have a break, thus it means she has approximately ten more minutes before her session ends. And I was fighting all my urge to not go out of this room and just run back to her.

"Did you ever hate your mom, Jennie?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes. Was she not listening? "No. As I said, I love my mom. And all I ever wanted was for her to love me back. I never hated her."

She nodded, but eyed me weirdly. "Did you ever think that maybe that's why you are still seeking for her love until now, because you were mad at her before that you never received affection from her?"

"No?" I timidly said.

"That maybe you haven't fully accepted it yet that she's gone, and she will never give you the love you want?"

I sat silent.

"That maybe you are trying to mask your hatred for her as sadness, but deep down you just want her back to hold you now?"