twenty eight

exposed

/ikˈsplōdəd/
adjective
synonym: unprotected, open

1. not covered or hidden; visible.

"now my identity was exposed."

Jennie,

SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, BUNDANG HOSPITAL 1:20 PM, Wednesday

1:20 PM, Wednesday

How do I even start...?

The past two days since my father was involved in a vehicular accident, and the very same day I passed out on the cafeteria, has been hell.

First, my father isn't awake yet, and Jisoo and I refuse to leave his side. Sure he wasn't the best dad, but a part of me doesn't wanna leave, or maybe a part of me was guilty that we might end things — he might die without us getting along.

Second, I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder after I woke up five hours after passing out. Lisa has been with me ever since, and she wasn't vocal about it, but I was sure she was sad and troubled.

For pete's sake her girlfriend was a troubled woman with her father in the same hospital she works for, the president of the country.

Funny though, I thought people around me already knew I was showing signs of anxiety, turns out they didn't.

Lisa is everything. She hugs me to sleep, and stays with me when needed and she kisses me when I cry. She only leaves when she's paged, or was needed somewhere. Still with the promise of coming back — and surely she comes back.

Lastly, now my identity was exposed. It didn't take long for the media to clog the doors of the hospital after learning that the president was rushed in here. A few of them captured pictures of me and Jisoo, they might have put pieces together, especially my resemblance with Jisoo and my dad. Now the internet was either filled with news of the hospitalised president, the president's possible daughter from the first marriage, and "Jennie Kim, the President's other daughter?" asking where they got my name? From Columbia University webpage that shows the pictures of all the graduates.

Now when they noticed I don't have school records on any Universities in Korea, and found my pictures from Columbia University, then boom. I wouldn't step out of anywhere without media tailing on me like how Jisoo was experiencing now.

It was so funny how things did a 360 degrees turn in just a matter of weeks.

Fucking hell.