twenty nine

listen

/ˈlis(ə)n/
verb
synonym: pay attention, hear

1. give one's attention to a sound.

"will you please just listen?"

Jennie,

SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, BUNDANG HOSPITAL 2:20 PM, Wednesday

BUNDANG HOSPITAL
2:20 PM, Wednesday

(Jennie and the President's conversation before going home)

"I'm sorry," I blurted out the moment Lisa went out of dad's room to give us privacy.

Jisoo and her mom gave me a sad smile before Jisoo went near me to pat my back, "We'll be outside. We'll give you two time to talk."

Her mother nodded and they both kissed father before giving me a smile and going out. Once they were out, my father gestured for me to sit beside him, so I did. Pulling the chair from the side to his side.

"It's not your fault I got into an accident, Jennie." he said.

"You know that's not what I mean."

He lightly chuckled, "Can I tell you something? Can I explain my side since the last time we saw each other you technically just lashed out on me...?"

I nodded and embarrassingly smiled, "Okay."

"You know I love you right?

"I'm aware of that, yes." I said.

"Jennie, I'm sorry for how things turned out. I'm sorry if you got included in mine and your mother's feud, you see she loves me. I know that, and she tried to make it work. I did too, but it just didn't. We weren't for each other, but you know there's something she gave me that I'm very thankful for," Dad paused and looked at me, "It's you Jennie. The very moment I first saw, I knew you would be my love. I loved you and Jisoo since the first time I saw you both, and you havw no idea how happy I was when you both got along."

I didn't wanna cry anymore. But my eyes betrayed me when I cupped my cheeks and cried while my father was caressing my hands.

"I know you felt like your mom never liked you, or that you felt like we weren't there for you both when you were growing up," he said.

"You weren't there, really. It was just me, the nannies, Ms. Joon, not you, not mom." I cried even more.

"I know, and that's what I regret the most. Not being with you and telling you that I love you. I'm sorry I didn't step on it when your mom started going over the line. I was just too afraid to go against her, I was afraid she was going to hate you even more if I meddle on it. But looking back now, how I wish I did step in."