thirty two

love

/ləv/
noun
synonym: affection, warmth

1.an intense feeling of deep affection.

"do you love Lili?"

Lisa,

HILLS ROAD, CAMBRIDGE, UNITED KINGDOM 4:32 AM, Monday (England Time)

4:32 AM, Monday (England Time)

(3 years after)

"Maybe the next time, we can try again." I read out loud while reaching for the tea that was placed on my table with a grumpy waitress, practically cursing me in British why was I in the teashop as early as four.

In my defense it was opened from three, as it is a coffeeshop, too. So why was this ginger lady very mad?

"Thank you," I said trying to smile and ease her, " She sadly smiled and said, 'we can't', and she left. She was away from me, away from my life. But what I knew, she was my love. And will always be," I read the last sentence of the book out loud.

I closed it, and read the title once more, "we can try". The author, none other than, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. Who went for the pseudonym, Ruby Jane.

Her first book was very familiar. I didn't buy it, no. I spent my three years trying to heal, and truth be told, I feel like a new person. Hell, I even drink teas! Well, I don't have much choice since most of my friends are British, and would either bring me out with teas or tonic.

The book, however, arrived at my door the other week. It was indeed addressed from South Korea, yet under a name I do not know. But I was very busy, since it was my last week in the internship program, my colleagues invited me out, or I would work more hours.

Now that it was my last week, I was just chilling around England, trying to make most out of my time left. That's when I opened the package two days ago. I was confused seeing a book, I never ordered any as far as I can remember. But reading the name, Ruby Jane, and a note attached that says,

"I keep my promises. Take care." with a smiley face, I knew it was from Jennie. Truth be told, it was a hardbound edition of her first book with a signature, entitled we can try, with a 'New York Times #1 Best Seller'. I devoted my time reading it.

Funny, that it was kinda familiar. As the story goes into a  british college student who fell inlove with a divorced lady who travelled from asia. They broke up when the lady didn't tell her about the true nature of divorce.

Give it to Jennie to convert the conflict between us into her first book, and she was brave enough to send it to me.

Her second book came out right after her first, it was the book she worked on when we were together, remember Denise and Elysse? The depressed character, fixed by her lover. It did enter the best seller list, too. And I was proud of her, very.