thirty three

home
/hōm/
noun
synonym: accommodation, resident

1. the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.

"I'm coming home."

Lisa,

HILLS ROAD, CAMBRIDGE,  UNITED KINGDOM8:20 AM, Thursday (England Time)

8:20 AM, Thursday (England Time)

It was a lovely day. The sun seemed to rise earlier today, and it was the perfect weather to roam around Cambridge, like the destiny knew it was my last day and I was entitled to a good weather.

"Good morning, Lalisa!" Mrs. Hatt, the 64 years old lady next door who had like three cats named Ellie, Willie, and Ullie that I would often babysit when I was at home and Mrs. Hatt has somewhere to be.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hatt!"

"It's sad that you have to leave tomorrow, I feel too sad without you knocking on my door to borrow my cats!"

"I promise to write you letters. And leave my number in case Polly drops by and would help you with your phone," Polly was her granddaughter who works in Duxford and would drop by her grandma every weekends.

"Get going now and enjoy your day, make sure to drop by tonight so I can give you something."

"Sure, Mrs. Hatt! See you!"

I went down the building and smiled at the sunny day. Cambridge has been home to me for years, and even if I dreaded coming here before (because of the breakup) I knew now that I did not had any regrets and I actually felt sad to leave the place.

But that's life, we move on. We leave things behind for better ones, and that's okay.

I spent the rest of my day roaming around. I caught a train to London and went around the city. Even if I was in England, I never really went to London often. My work forbids me so, I would only go here during the day offs with Amelia, Eddie, or the others. Most of the time we would go to this 'best pub' as Eddie calls it (since he was a British native).

Went to the tour in the Buckingham Palace for the last time, went to see the London Eye, and basically just capturing photos of Big Ben and all other tourist spots. I had a meal on a teashop near the palace that sold the best pudding. Everything was captured by my digital camera, and I was very excited to develop the photos out once I'm back in Korea.

I was on my train back home when my phone rang, "Hello!"

"Lisa! How is your last day?" I heard the cheery voice of my mother,

"Very enjoyable. I'm on the train back to Cambridge, I spent my day in London."

"That's lovely. Have you packed already?"