Chapter 2: Singing

~Nash's POV~

"A little?!" Taylor asked as we all sat in the living room out of breath. "You said you played a little basketball... Kamree, you're almost as good as I am!"

"Oh please, Taylor. She could take you down!" J.C said.

Shawn quietly started playing Demi Lavato Heart Attack.

"Hey, will you hand me that?" She asked, pointing at the guitar leaning against the wall.

Matthew handed it to her.

She played the harmony and hit every note perfectly. Shawn harmonized with her singing. The way his voice melded with hers vibrated the room. The only thing you could hear was the perfectness of the two voices. They had us in a trance.

When they hit the last note, we all clapped.

"Kamree, I've been looking for somebody to do a duet to that with. Are you in?" It was almost a trick question.

"Yeah! Of course!"

"Sweet!" He stood up and hugged her. "You're AMAZING!" He said, pulling away.

"You're not so bad yourself..." she said. They stared at each other until J.C broke the spark.

"Aww!! Cameron and Kamree have the same shoes!" I looked at Cam's shoes and saw black Vans. "Cam and Kam!" He shouted.

Cameron jumped up from the couch, picked her up, and spun her around.

"May I have this dance?" He asked as he set her back down.

She laughed and slipped her hand into his. He spun her around a couple times. Jack J started playing the piano as Shawn softly strummed the guitar.

"Wait... shhh..." Matthew said, getting us all quiet.

Once we placed the familiar tune, we all yelled.

"ICE CREAM!!!"

Cam kissed her hand and bolted out the door with the rest of us.

~Hayes' POV~

I didn't get up with them.

"Ugh!" I looked over at the noise and saw Kamree on the floor.

"Whoa," I said standing up and holding out my hand. "Did Cameron push you?" I asked as I pulled her up with ease.

"No, no... I tripped." She pulled her hand out of mine and dusted herself off. When she looked back at me, our eyes locked; the crystal green making my stomach turn circles.

"Um... I don't think I ever introduced myself," she reached out her hand. "I'm Kamree."

"Hayes," Our hands stayed together until she broke the silence.

"Hey, I was gonna' make some cookies for your parents... you wanna' help?"

"What about Nash and them?" I saw the way she looked at Shawn. Why would she want to hang out with me?

"They're big boys, they can handle themselves!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me into the kitchen.

~~~~~

We raided the pantry looking for all of the ingredients. Once we made a list of everything we needed, we snuck out the back door to go to Brookshire's.

The guys were in the front yard enjoying their ice cream so I signaled for her to be quiet. She nodded and followed close behind me. I brought her to the garage and slowly began lifting the heavy door. About halfway, it began moving up on its own and made a loud crash.

We looked at each other and turned red trying to hold in the laughter. When she turned to face the garage, her eyes got big. She stared at my old, beat up truck giving me a thumbs up and an unconvincing smile.

I laughed quietly and walked to the front of the truck. She gave me a confused look and I motioned her over to me. I began pushing on the hood, trying to move the vehicle. She silently groaned and pushed me playfully. Then, she put her hands near mine and pushed.

We got the truck out of the garage and onto the street unnoticed and unheard.

Kinda.

Once we were safely in the truck and on the way to the store, she let out a big breath.

"So, how do you like it?" I asked, smirking.

"Well... it's... unique?" She said, running her hands over the worn interior.

I opened the glove box and pulled out a napkin. She reluctantly took it when I handed it to her.

"What's this for?"

"You've got a little sarcasm right here." I said, motioning to the corner of my mouth.

She laughed and glared at me. "Oh, you think you're so funny, don't you?"

I smiled and laughed. "Ya,"

She laughed and flashed a smile. We sat in a comfortable silence until she jumped.

I shot her a curious glance.

"Aren't you 15?!" She asked suddenly.

"Um... ya?"

"Do you have your license?!"

I smiled. "Nope."

"Then why are you driving?!" She started rambling on about getting arrested and her dad killing her.

"Kamree!" I shouted. She stopped talking and looked over at me. "Calm down. I drive all the time, okay? I'm taking a back road. And even if we get stopped, I've got connections with some of the police here."

She sighed and placed her head on her hands. "You're so crazy." She said laughing.

~~~~~

On the rest of the way there and back, I learned everything about her and she learned everything about me. We talked about Nutella and Taco Bell. (Not together). She told me about her family and I told her about how Nash sings in his sleep. She found out that I cannot sing to save my life, and she can't rap to save the world.

I like her.

A lot.

I killed the engine before we got to my house and we pushed it back in the garage. We got a pretty good workout.

Once we had the bags, we began walking inside. She slipped her hand in mine and smiled up at me. We walked through the back door laughing. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw everyone staring at us. She slowly slid her hand out of mine.

"So... where have you two love birds been?" Nash said sourly, standing up from the couch.

"Uhm..." She was too embarrassed to speak.

"The store." I said bluntly. I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the kitchen.

"Hayes--" She began.

"No..." I sighed. I knew she liked the other guys over me. I knew that coming into this so I have no right to be angry. She's too beautiful to stay mad at anyway. "Come on... we have cookies to make."

She smiled and hugged me.