Chapter 9: Pain

~Hayes' POV~

Nash took Sky to the little playground next to the softball field. I wanted to stay and watch Kamree and see if she's as good at softball as she is basketball.

She is.

I watched her strike out 13 people.

The way her body moved as she threw the ball in the glove. Her eyes so focused. She's so beautiful... and she doesn't even know it.

I love her. I haven't technically asked her out yet but I'm pretty sure kissing her counts.

Right?

~~~~~

The 3 of us sat on the floor in the living room watching a movie as we ate Chinese takeout. Sky sacked out and had been carried to her room.

"Nash, you should have seen her! She was all 'zip', 'zoom', 'WHAMO'! She's SO good!"

"Hayes... stop. That's not true." She buried her face in her hands.

"Stop being modest! You're allowed to brag when you're as good as you are!"

"Really Hayes... please." I could tell she was serious so I immediately dropped it.

"Do you play any sports?" She asked, looking at both of us.

"Football." We said in sync.

"What position?"

"Quarterback." We did it again.

"Would you stop copying me, please?" Nash said, glaring at me.

I shook my head and hit him with a pillow.

"Excuse me?" He grabbed a cushion from the couch and whacked me in the face.

"Ooh... it's on." I scrambled on top of him and pinned his arms down with my knees, hitting him in the face with the pillow.

He kneed me in the butt and I rolled off him groaning. We flipped a couple times but I ended up on top.

When I was just about to demolish his hair, two hands pushed me over.

Kamree stood there smirking.

I jumped up and took off after her. My hands found her sides and I jerked her back before she could get away.

She squealed and fell to the floor.

I gave her a 'what was that?' look.

"That tickled." She stated, trying to catch her breath.

I smiled. "Nash... she's ticklish..."

Her eyes grew wide. "No... Nash." She looked at me. "Hayes... please. I will literally pee my pants."

Nash and I slowly crept up to her.

"Please!" She sprang up and took off. But football speed paid off and we caught her quickly.

I pinned her down while Nash tickled her. She was screaming and laughing.

"I hate you guys so much!" She squirmed beneath me.

"No you don't." Nash said laughing.

"I can't breathe!" She kicked Nash and kneed me. She ended up out of our grasps and locked inside the guest bedroom. Nash knocked on the door.

"Kamree? We just wanted to say... sorry not sorry!" I glared at him.

"But really, Kamree. It won't happen again. Maybe."

She opened the door. "You guys suck at apologies." Nash opened his arms for a hug. She sighed and let him wrap his arms around her.

"Night Kamree."