Chapter 7: Talk

~Kamree's POV~

When I walked through the door with Nash behind me, Hayes jumped up and gave me a curious look.

"Are you just gonna' stand there and stare at her?" Nash asked.

Hayes smiled and ran over to give me a hug. I smiled at the feeling of his embrace. I hadn't seen him in 2 days and I felt like a part of me was hollow. After Nash and I fought, I called my cousin that lived in the town over. He picked me up and I stayed with them.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear. Chills ran up my spine.

He pulled away and looked at Nash and me. "Are you two good now?"

Nash nodded. "Perfect." We heard little 'padding's coming down the stairs.

"Nash!" Skylynn screamed and jumped in his arms. He looked at his phone.

"Okay guys, it's only 10 and I'm bored so who wants to see a movie?"

"MOVIE?!" Skylynn squealed.

"I don't think Sky wants to go..." Nash stuck out his bottom lip.

"No! Nash, I wanna' go! Please!" She put her mouth right next to his ear and screamed. "PLEASE!"

Nash jerked his head away. "Okay, okay. Yes from Sky. Kamree? Hayes?" He said looking at us.

Hayes nodded and they looked at me.

"What's today?" I looked at my phone. "Thursday. I have practice at 3. Think you can get me there on time if we go?"

"Ya." He said laughing.

My phone started ringing. I took it back out of my pocket.

"Excuse me." I said after checking to see who it was. I stepped outside and answered. "Hello?"

"Hey Honey! How's it going?"

"Great. How's the paper work and stuff?"

"We're finished! We should be back tomorrow in time for your game . You did remember practice, didn't you?" Dad asked.

"Of course." I smiled.

"Okay, just checking. So what do you have planned for today?"

"So far? Just a movie."

"No drugs or parties?"

There's the Dad I know.

I laughed. "No Dad, no drugs or parties."

"All right. Well I have to let you go. It's time to check out. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too, Dad."

We said our goodbyes and hung up. When I walked through the door, I heard giggles and shouts from upstairs. I quietly snuck up the stair case and saw Nash and Hayes playing with Sky and her horses.

The boys seemed very focussed on the horses in their hands. They galloped them around the floor, making little whinnies every now and then.

It was adorable.

This family is great. I fiddled with dog tags and remembered my brother.

"Save me Princess Glitter!" Hayes shouted.

"Just grab my hoof Princess Sparkle!" With that, I lost it. I fell to my knees laughing.

Hayes and Nash looked at each other.

"What?" They asked.

I took deep breaths and finally stood back up. "Our parents are coming home tomorrow."

"Come play, Kamree!" Skylynn jumped up and dragged me towards the rug.

After the Princess had been saved and the Prince had married the girl, Nash took charge and ushered us to his car.

When we got to the theater, we stood in front of the big signs trying to decide what to watch.

"What do you wanna' see, Sky?" Nash asked.

"Paddington."

He looked at Hayes.

He smirked. "50 Shades." I hit his arm.

"Haha! In your dreams!" Nash looked over to me. "Kamree?"

"Anything but Hayes' idea is good with me."

Hayes crossed his arms and pouted. "I see how it is. I'll remember that." He tried to keep a straight face but couldn't and broke into a smile.

"All right, Paddington it is."

I gave Sky a piggyback ride into the theater to find seats while Nash and Hayes got the popcorn and drinks.

"Hey Kamree?" Sky asked from my back.

"Ya?" I walked into the dark room.

"Do you love Hayes?"

She nuzzled her head into my neck while I thought about what to say.

"Why do you ask?" We climbed to the top of the stair case and took seats in the very back row.

"No reason..." She said as I helped her off my back and into my lap. I thought that was the end of conversation and I was relieved. It's not that I don't know how I feel about Hayes... we just haven't talked about... us... yet.

"He just loves you."

I looked down at her. Before I could question her, Hayes and Nash walked in. We waved them over and helped them with the drinks.

Hayes sat down on my right and Sky on my left. Nash set next to Sky.

"So what'd you talk about?" Hayes asked. Can he read my mind?

My cheeks turned pink. Thankfully, the room was still relatively dark.

"Nothing." I said. I hope I sounded more confident than I felt.

He turned to me. "You're a sucky liar."

I hung my head. "I know."

The 'Please silence all electronic devices' advertisement came on and the small room grew quiet.