Chapter 12: The Mansion

~Kamree's POV~

When we got back to Hayes' house, our parents were just saying their goodbyes.

"Timed it perfectly." Hayes whispered, winking at me.

I waved at everyone and walked to the car with my dad. I settled into my seat, pulling my pillow up to my head and preparing for a long drive. As my dad ducked his head into the car, my phone dinged.

Hayes

I miss you :(

I laughed and made sure my dad couldn't see my screen.

I am literally
in your driveway.

I looked at the front door hoping to see him. When I didn't see his tall figure, I looked up at his window. He stood there and waved. I grinned and waved back.

As Dad backed out of the driveway, I locked my phone and got comfortable. Before I let sleep consume me, I looked out the window at the North Carolina night sky.

Just as my eyelids drooped, the car stopped. I looked at the clock, thinking I had fallen asleep without realizing it. We've only been driving for 10 minutes.

"Dad, why are we--" I stopped when I looked out the window. We were sitting in the driveway of a massive house.

"Dad, who's house is this?" He opened his door and stepped out. I followed suit and repeated my question. "Who's house is this?"

He turned to me. "Ours... if you want." He left me with my mouth wide and strode to the front door. I shook out of my haze and followed Dad down the pathway to the front door. As he unlocked the door, I ran my hand over the black metal numbers on the wall to the right of the door.

707.

When the door swung open, I followed inside. When he found the light switch, a giant living room was illuminated.

"Wow..." I breathed.

The ceiling was high and a balcony looked out over the large room. It wasn't furnished but there was a large fireplace on the far wall to my right. I walked to my left and through an arched doorway that led to the kitchen.

The celebrity kitchen.

A granite island sat in the middle while stainless steel appliances peppered the room.

Branching off the kitchen was the Master bedroom. It had a full bathroom, including a large shower, a hot tub bath, and a marble counter with two sinks and a huge mirror.

Dad walked in behind me.

"The other door in the living room leads to the laundry room and the stairs."

"Stairs?!" I love stairs!

I ran through the mansion and found my way back to the living room. Once I entered through the other door, my eyes fell on the carpeted staircase. Without checking out the room, I sprinted up the steps. When I reached the top, I paused.

There was a door immediately to my right that revealed a half bath. A couple yards away was the dark wood of the balcony railing. I leaned against it and saw my father's muscular frame through the kitchen windows. When I turned around, white French doors stared back.

I reached for the silver handles and pulled down. When they were fully open, I smiled. The room could have been another Master. The first door I reached was already open and I peeked in to see a bathroom identical to the one downstairs. The door directly to the left of the entrance was a walk in closet.

A big walk in closet.

I looked out the window and saw the front lawn. Then I turned and sprinted to the other side of the room. When I reached the clear- paned French doors, I opened them and walked onto the balcony. It looked out over the pool.

Holy crap.

I explored the rest of the floor and found a wet bar and a theatre. An actual theatre.

When I walked out of the glorious movie room, I looked left at everything I'd explored and then looked right. There was a long hallway ending with another door.

This place has a lot of doors, I thought as I made my way to it. When I opened it, I stared down at another staircase. I slowly took the steps down, searching for a light switch. When I ran out of staircase, I found one and flipped it on.

A game room complimented with a pool table, a couch, a flat screen-- the works. There was a bathroom and then a door that led under the carport.

I stepped outside under the arched hallway, a breeze running down my arms. I reached for two French door handles and entered the downstairs, Master bedroom.

I really hate to admit it, but this house is amazing.

I met Dad in the living room.

"Hey, come check out back." He led me to a set of open doors. I stepped through and walked across a gazebo. Before I could exit, I stopped and looked at the couches that lined it and the huge TV hanging on the wall. A mini bar sat off to the side.

After taking it all in, I stepped down the three steps and onto a walkway leading to the concrete surrounding the pool. A stone waterfall raged on the left side and a diving board on the right. A round hot tub branched off in the middle. The lights under the water changed colors.

Blue, pink, red, yellow, green.

A four car garage lay 10 yards from the pool to the left and a basketball court to the right.

"Are we in the Hamptons? Because I'm pretty sure we never left NC." I said looking up at my Dad, mesmerized.

He laughed. "Do you like it?"

Gosh, I hate this part.

I closed my eyes and sighed then nodded. "Yes sir, it's gorgeous."

He nodded back. "I like it, too." He glanced at his watch. "Now, we gotta' get going. We've got church in the morning."

I checked my phone. 9:50 P.M.

We walked back through the French Country house, turning off the lights and locking the doors back.

I climbed back in the car and watched as the glorious house disappeared from view.

I pushed the leather seat back and propped my feet on the dash, getting comfortable. My pillow smashed against the window, I buried my head in the plushness.

About three minutes into the drive, Dad spoke up.

"That house was purchased by the company the Griers and I made a deal with the past week. The work I'll be doing for my company from now on will be partnering with the company the Griers work for. Are you okay with us moving now?"

Sure Dad!

Bribe me with a huge mansion that has a pool and a popcorn machine that's ten minutes away from my boyfriend and I'll do anything!

I never actually answered him, just kept my eyes shut and hoped he would think I was asleep.

I guess it worked because he didn't say anything else after that.

~~~~~

Hey guys! The picture at the beginning is the house I described, btw. This is just a filler. I hope you like it!! Have an AMZING day!!

~Camryn