Chapter 6: Storms

~Kamree's POV~

"Kamree! Kamree wait! Please!" Hayes shouted. He grabbed my hand but I was soaked by now so I easily jerked away.

"No Hayes! I'm not going to wait! I didn't know you and your family felt that way about me! Okay?! I'm sorry! I'm sorry you think I'm some kind of slut and gold digger!" I was screaming with all I had, the tears I had kept cooped up for years finally escaping. "I meant when I said I loved you! Hayes, the butterflies you give me by just looking at me is INSANE! The way you say my name makes my stomach flip! I meant everything I said and it's great to know that while I thought you felt the same way, I really just looked like an idiot!" I turned to run. I didn't know where to, just anywhere away from here.

But I was yanked back immediately.

"Kamree, listen!" The rain was pouring so hard now I could barely hear him. "I don't think anything like that about you! I don't know what Nash told you but I love you! I meant every word I said too! I have never met anyone like you. I would never say anything to hurt you! When you're gone, I feel like a piece of me is ripped out and taken with you. Kamree Layne, I love you to the freaking moon and back!" He gently placed his hands on my face and pulled me towards him.

Our lips connected.

The world seemed to stop, and then spin in circles. My stomach did cartwheels. I'd barely even talked to a guy before let alone kiss one! But something about it just felt... right.

Hayes pulled away expressionless. I suddenly got very nervous.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked quickly.

He smiled. "No. It was perfect." He pulled me back in and the fireworks returned.

~Nash's POV~

When I went outside, Kamree's head was buried in Hayes' shoulder. He saw me and led her away.

What have I done?!

~~~~~

After 2 days of Hayes not talking, looking, or even acknowledging me and guilt turning my hair gray, I took matters into my own hands.

I had gotten Hayes to tell me where she was staying. I wanted to know she was safe. I looked up the address and put it in my GPS.

I pulled up to the house and took a deep breath. I walked up the sidewalk and knocked on the door.

The door opened and the guy I saw with Kamree the other day stood there.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm Nash Grier and I'm looking for Kamree." I said, extending my hand.

"Luke. Nice to meet you. Wait here and I'll go get her."

I stood there rehearsing what I was going to say. I started talking to myself.

"Kamree, listen. I'm sorry and...--"

"And what?"

I looked up to see Kamree leaning against the door frame.

"Everything you said was true. I'm a jerk and I'm self centered and rude. I'm the biggest douche bag on the planet. I should have asked you about that stuff instead of accusing. I just didn't want Hayes to get hurt again. I'm really sorry. Will you forgive me?"

She stood there a second glaring. Then she smirked and nodded.

"Lucky for you, I can't stay mad for very long. I just have one question."

"Shoot."

"Do you really think I'm some kind of slut?" She looked really worried.

"No! Farthest girl from it."

She smiled.

"We good now?" I asked.

She reached behind the door and pulled out a basketball.

"Ya. I'm ready to school you guys again anyway."

I rolled my eyes and led her to my car.