Chapter 33: Go Hyewon

After chatting to Hyewon and Minjung, Jooeun remembered Jeonghwan had previously asked her to report to him immediately after she found out her itinerary. So, Jooeun promptly forwarded the details to him. Even though she didn't know what he had planned, she knew Jeonghwan wasn't going to hurt her.

After seeing Jooeun's itinerary, Jeonghwan asked Taejoo to find out Jooeun's flight number straight away. He then walked over to GK's giant floor-to-ceiling window and gave Jooeun a call. "Jooeun-ah. . ."

"Uh?" Jooeun gave a simple reply as she lowered her head. Hyewon was still in the car and she couldn't completely trust her yet, so she had to be careful. Upon hearing Jeonghwan calling her 'Jooeun-ah', she felt a gush of warmth.

"I have asked Taejoo to upgrade your economy class tickets to first-class, will that cause you any inconvenience?" Jeonghwan had to make sure because he was afraid it might affect Jooeun – what if she had something planned?

"Of course not." Jooeun understood why Jeonghwan had asked and was touched by his consideration.

Originally, she was supposed to sit in the same row as Shinhye and Yonghwa on the plane tomorrow, but she could already imagine Shinhye wasn't going to just sit quietly. With Jeonghwan's arrangements, she could now rest peacefully on the plane. However, was she the only one that got the upgrade? What about Hyewon and Minjung ...

"In that case, let's chat about it when you get home."

"Wait..." Jooeun called out quickly.

Jeonghwan could sense the hesitation in her voice and could also tell it wasn't convenient for her to talk, so he responded, "If it's inconvenient to talk, send me a message instead."

"OK." Jooeun nodded as she hung up the phone. Immediately afterward, she messaged him her concerns. She told him she couldn't completely trust Hyewon, but since Hyewon had decided to follow her, she couldn't treat her differently to Minjung in case it would make her disheartened. Jeonghwan read her concerns as the corners of his lips curved to an attractive angle. Even though Jooeun's thoughts were comprehensive, she still lacked the ability to look at a situation as a whole. Jeonghwan completely made up for Jooeun's weaknesses, that's why the couple matched so well – he was the one capable of pointing her in the right direction as well as helping her make decisions.

"Relax and take a gamble. Even though Minjung is loyal, there is a limit to her abilities. On the other hand, although Hyewon has a lot of faults, she still has a history of managing some very famous artists – she is more capable than Minjung in all aspects. Don't forget, we have everything about Hyewon in the palm of our hands. Even if we lose our bet, the worst that could happen is that we gain nothing."

"I understand, hubby..." Jooeun saw Jeonghwan's reply and immediately calmed down as she relaxed her entire body.

"I've already upgraded for the both of them, don't worry..."

Jooeun knew all along, her husband was like a king who had a full grasp of how to use his power. How could he have not already considered this small matter?

Late at night, under the lighting of the beautifully lit bedroom, Yonghwa was packing his luggage. Shinhye approached him from behind and wrapped her arms around his body. She spoke with an extremely soft and gentle voice, it was like she was a different person from the one in the meeting room earlier in the day.

"Sorry Yonghwa, I was wrong at the meeting today, I wasn't considerate towards you."

"It's OK, we've been together for so many years now. Don't you think I'm already used to your temper? Think about it. If I didn't care about you or worry about you and our child, would I need to personally go to the US?" Yonghwa put his luggage away and turned around to look at Shinhye. "From now on, you need to control your temper and stop fighting with Jooeun, in case you hurt yourself."

"But, I can't help being worried, worried that you and she might rekindle your love!"

"What are you talking about? You obviously know that you're the one I love, stop thinking too much. We still have a long future ahead of us, let's not let this sl*t bother us." Yonghwa comforted Shinhye. "You are currently pregnant, you should maintain a good mood."

"In that case, tomorrow on the plane, you aren't allowed to take even one glance at Jooeun. You are only allowed to be nice to me." Shinhye demanded in a spoilt manner. At the same time, her body was rubbing against Yonghwa's – inside, she knew all men love stuff like this.

"Fine, as you wish." Yonghwa responded, carrying her horizontally in his arms as he walked towards the bathroom.

With Yonghwa's promise, in this trip to America, Shinhye is going to prove to Jooeun who Yonghwa truly loves. She is going to make Jooeun understand, even if she is to make a comeback and become famous, there is no way she would be able to win back Yonghwa's heart. Jung Yonghwa and CN Entertainment are both hers, and Jooeun didn't stand a chance. However, did Jooeun even care about all this?

Meanwhile, under similar lighting conditions, Jooeun is packing her luggage inside her wardrobe. However, she noticed Jeonghwan had also prepared some luggage in his wardrobe. So out of curiosity, she headed into the study room to question him. "Jeonghwan, do you also have to fly out for business?"

"Yep, my flight is tomorrow." Jeonghwan nodded but he looked extremely busy.

Jooeun was afraid she would interfere with his work, so she stopped asking further, thinking Jeonghwan would eventually explain to her when it was time to go to bed. However, it seemed, Jeonghwan ended up working through the night and leaving for work early in the morning. Jooeun looked at the note he left for her and assumed he had something urgent to deal with at work. She decided she would report to him after she landed on US soil – she did not doubt his whereabouts whatsoever.

Nice and early, Hyewon is waiting outside the gates of Hannam Residence. Seeing Jooeun hadn't mentioned her relationship with Jeonghwan to Hyewon, Minjung decided to stay quiet. She just promptly helped Jooeun load her luggage into the boot of the car. The three quickly arrived at the airport to meet up with Yonghwa and the others.

Because it was still early, there weren't many people at the airport. Without any cares, Yonghwa and Shinhye held hands in front of Jooeun. Shinhye looked provokingly at Jooeun, making Minjung so annoyed she wanted to throw a slap across her face.

"Minjung, go and collect our boarding passes," Yonghwa ordered.

"Why do I have to go?" Minjung knew in her heart, she was at odds with Yonghwa, so he was deliberately causing trouble for her and Hyewon.

"Minjung unnie, go ahead." Jooeun said as she gave Minjung a look. Minjung was stunned for a moment before she understood. "OK, wait here, I'll be right back."

Shinhye and her assistant glanced at each other. Looks like they had someone to handle their luggage over the next few days. However, never would they have imagined, when Minjung return, she had only collected 3 boarding passes.

"Minjung, what is the meaning of this?" Shinhye questioned.

"I am Jooeun's assistant. I'm sorry, but my salary comes from Jooeun, not from CN Entertainment. So why do I need to collect for you? Don't you have your own assistant?" Minjung reasoned, making Shinhye and her assistant so angry they gritted their teeth.

Yonghwa looked at Jooeun, but Jooeun pretended not to see him as she put on her sunglasses and turned away. Shinhye glared at Jooeun. "There's more jealousy coming your way once we board the plane, just wait and see."

8:20 AM.

The boarding time had arrived. Because Jooeun had come across a few fans that recognized her asking for autographs, she was delayed by a few minutes. Yonghwa and Shinhye boarded the plane first, while Jooeun fell behind. The three of them were originally meant to sit in the same row, but while Shinhye wrapped her arms around Yonghwa, waiting to see Jooeun's reaction, she noticed Jooeun walk right past them. So, Shinhye kindly reminded her. "Jooeun, your seat is here."