Chapter 115: The So-called Fairness

Park Hyomin did not sense she was in danger at all. Because she had no idea, behind Jooeun is a vicious wife-protecting Jeonghwan. In actual fact, she believed her and Cha Jooeun were the same kind of people. She felt, for the sake of advancement, the amount of methods Jooeun used, were no less than what she had done. So she continued to despise Jooeun the way she often despised herself. She felt Jooeun was simply too secretive and her methods were too good. She didn't feel it was a shame to lose her at all.

Royalty's show is about to start, but a lot of the models were still making last-minute tweaks because either their clothes or makeup weren't suitable. As Jooeun will only appear for the opening, she only had one set of clothing, unlike the other models who had multiple clothes to change into.

Hyomin continued to teach her models. Every now and then, her eyes would meet with Jooeun. Her gaze always contained the same message: "No matter how capable or professional you are, even if my people are merely here to learn, you still won't have the opportunity to join Sublime and attain the best resources. You will forever remain as a model that isn't moving forward or backward; an old model stuck between B-Grade and A-Grade!"

"Jooeun, why does Park Hyomin insist on clinging to you? Is it simply because you snatched the opening for the France show? Why does she hate you so much?" Minjung was tempted to poke out Hyomin's arrogant eyes. "How does she have the confidence to suppress you? When the day comes that you announce you've signed on with Sublime, let's see if she can still be so arrogant."

"Since you know that's our opportunity to step on her, why are you still upset? Just let her feel proud for now." Jooeun didn't care. Although Hyomin's position is indeed high, she thought too highly of herself. People like that easily revealed their weaknesses.

"Hmmph." Minjung scoffed as she turned back to Jooeun and praised her. "You are really beautiful tonight."

In reality, Jooeun's exposure right now is indeed sufficient. But she couldn't forget that there's still the A-Grade model, Suzy Bae. She didn't arrive until the show was about to start and accompanying her was her award-winning actor uncle. Upon seeing him, the show director immediately recognized who it was. He spoke in a respectful manner. "Jongki-ssi, I didn't expect you would make an appearance here. Sorry I didn't know."

"No need to be polite. I came specifically for my niece today. With our Suji's status, why isn't she doing the opening?"

Suzy must have heard about how Jooeun landed the opportunity out of nowhere, so she brought along some support. Of course with her status, it was understandable that Suzy would do something like this.

"That..." The show director glanced at Jooeun. He was put in a difficult position.

"Aren't you guys being unfair?"

"Jongki-ssi, how could you say that? Isn't Suzy doing the closing? She will be in the grand finale."

"I want to do the opening." Suzy whined to her uncle. She hated models that came out of nowhere.

"Then should I go make some tweaks?" The show director asked for their opinion.

"I don't care if it's the opening or closing, I don't wish to see a model that landed a position out of nowhere. That is my bottom line."

Her intention was clear. It turned out she didn't want Jooeun on stage at all.

Everyone rejoiced in Jooeun's misfortune as they looked at her. A moment ago, wasn't she acting all proud and arrogant? Look at what happened now? She no longer has the opportunity to even go on stage. At this moment, the happiest person amongst them was Hyomin. She crossed her arms and scoffed. "Cha Jooeun, did you think without any background, you would be able to survive in this industry?"

The show director had no choice. He had no idea Jooeun had already signed on with Sublime. He simply thought Seo Yeji had suggested Jooeun because they were friends. If he could explain things to Yeji, then he'd rather offend her. After all, Jooeun isn't anyone important. He didn't have to care about her too much.

So after careful consideration, he approached Jooeun and said, "Jooeun-ssi, I'm only doing this as a favor for a friend. I can only ask for your forgiveness."

"Is it funny for you guys to tease someone like this?" Minjung is so angry she was about spit fire as she stood in front of Jooeun and questioned the man. The show director felt slightly guilty as he prepared for Jooeun to lose her temper, but Jooeun remained calm. She didn't look affected at all. She simply grabbed Minjung, reminded her not to act rashly, and replied gently.

"I've already arrived and am sitting here. My makeup is almost done and I am simply waiting to go on stage. If I leave, you'd have to find another model to replace me. That would be too much trouble. I won't do the opening or closing, but I'll do other parts instead, OK?"

The show director was surprised for a moment. His heart immediately filled with gratitude. At that moment, he almost bowed down to Jooeun for being so understanding.

"Okay, Jooeun-ssi! Thank you, thank you so much."

No one expected Jooeun would actually be willing to give up her opening. After being humiliated like that, she still managed to sit there unaffected as she continued to apply her makeup.

In reality, while Jooeun was talking, Minjung had already stepped outside and reported everything to the Big Boss. After Jeonghwan found out about what was happening backstage, he immediately whispered something into Taejoo's ear.

Suzy and her uncle proudly enjoyed everyone's admiration. All the models were extremely happy that Suzy had snatched back the opening from Jooeun. Needless to say, Hyomin was so happy at this moment that the corners of her lips were almost in line with her nose.

It was at this time, a handsome figure suddenly appeared backstage. Everyone turned their attention to Park Taejoo. A few people weren't familiar with him. But the so-called famous actor definitely recognized him. He immediately stood up from his seat and approached Taejoo to greet him. "Assistant Park, it's been a long time."

Taejoo took one glance at the man and nodded his head in acknowledgment. He couldn't be bothered to even say a word to him. He was simply focused on looking around for Jooeun. Eventually, he spotted her location and immediately walked over beside her as he bowed down respectfully. "Miss Cha, the president knows you are nearby so he wants to know if you are free for dinner later."

Although the actor couldn't hear what Taejoo was saying to Jooeun, he knew for Taejoo to speak so politely to her, Jooeun must not be someone of normal importance. It's also possible, she is somehow involved with the CEO of GK, Lee Jeonghwan!

Jooeun, of course, knew Taejoo was doing this on purpose. Jeonghwan must have sent him to help her out of this sticky situation. So she smiled at Taejoo and replied without hesitation. "Please thank the president on my behalf, it is my pleasure."

Taejoo did not say anything else as he smiled and left. At this time a trembling voice echoed through the backstage.

"That man just now. Isn't he the assistant of GK's CEO? Then Cha Jooeun..."