Chapter 173: Cha Jooeun Arrives

During helpless moments, one always wishes to possess the strongest power, because this world has always been especially unfair to the weak.

Everyone knew that Minjung was Jooeun's assistant, yet here she was at Dongdaemun Design Plaza carrying multiple bags of gear, trying to get her balance as she followed behind Ahn Hani. She was obedient towards Hani as she ordered her around.

"Hasn't Jooeun ever taught you the rules? Now that you are Hani's assistant, if you don't greet everyone as you pass them, people will think Hani has a bad work ethic." Hani's manager poked Minjung's head as he complained. "I don't know if Jooeun has any manners, but you are following Hani today. So you need to show some respect."

Minjung endured the humiliation, the scolding, and the looks of ridicule around her as she lowered her head. "Sorry, I will take note from now on."

"Hani needs to have her makeup done. Don't wander around aimlessly like a newcomer, go fetch her shoes from the car!"

Minjung held back her anger as her hands clenched into fists. Because of her anger, her face began to turn red and her eyes were watery.

Hani's manager looked at the expression on Minjung's face and unfolded his arms as he walked over to Hani arrogantly. "Jooeun's people are different when you order them around. They are like dogs!"

"Have you placed what I told you to place in the shoes?" Hani sat in front of the mirror allowing the makeup artist to do whatever she needed.

"Don't worry. How could I screw up such an entertaining show?" her manager studied Hani's face in the mirror and noticed a secretive smile sweep across her face.

The backstage of fashion shows had always been chaotic and uncomfortable. Even for an international model like Hani working for an international top-grade brand, things were no different. She even shared the same waiting room as newcomer models.

Not long after, Minjung approached Hani with her shoes.

Hani's manager glanced at her quickly and scoffed. "Why are you still standing around blankly? Kneel down and help her put on her shoes."

Helping an artist put on shoes wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but she was Jooeun's assistant. Yet she had to submissively kneel down in front of Ahn Hani and help an enemy put on their shoes.

Minjung endured the burn in her throat as she held onto one of the shoes and knelt on the ground. With one hand she lifted the high-heeled shoe and with the other, she lifted Hani's right foot. However, as her foot entered halfway, Hani suddenly let out a high-pitched squeal and kicked Minjung in the chest. There was a pushpin inside the shoe!

A loud "pak" sound followed as Hani's manager landed a slap across Minjung's face. He then pointed at her and yelled ferociously. "You sure are brave! How dare you place a pushpin inside Hani's shoe? Are you trying to stop her from going on the show? Cha Jooeun told you to do this, didn't she?"

Minjung was stunned by the slap as a handprint slowly appeared on her left cheek.

"I didn't put anything in your shoe. I retrieved it as it was."

"How dare you make excuses?"

The manager threw another slap, this time onto Minjung's right cheek. It seemed he used too much force because his hands also felt the pain as he shook it twice.

"Everyone saw it!"

Minjung looked around at all the eyes that were on her. There were looks of pity, ridicule, mockery, and curiosity. In reality, everyone knew deep down what was actually going on. Hani was simply looking for an excuse to humiliate her in front of everyone. No one cared whether she really placed the pushpin or not. But no one present was at a higher status than Hani, so who would dare step out and stick up for her?

No one!

"Minjung-ssi, you should give up hope of anyone sticking up for you. Let me tell you, today you are Hani's assistant, even if Cha Jooeun shows up, you will still have no choice but to endure being hit and scolded!"

"Sorry." Minjung's tears rolled down her swollen cheeks uncontrollably, making them even more hot and painful.

"Do you think it's over with an apology? Did you know, because of your pushpin, Hani's modeling career could have been over?" Hani's manager threw a heavy accusation on Minjung.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Of course you need to kneel in front of Hani and beg for forgiveness." The manager seemed surprised that Minjung didn't understand the rules of the industry.

"Making you kneel is already going easy on you. If not because of President Seo, I would have already called the police."

Kneel? Kneeling to Ahn Hani?

Minjung sneered inside. Although she had already prepared herself mentally and thought of multiple ways to comfort herself, now that the moment was actually upon her, she was so tempted to tear their faces apart and break their necks to cancel out the anger and suffering she felt. But...

"Isn't kneeling too much? You've already slapped me and humiliated me. Do you really need to go that extra step?"

After hearing Minjung's words, Hani's lips curved upwards as she grabbed onto Minjung's shirt and pulled her towards her. "Do you think I would be afraid of Cha Jooeun? Did you think an international model like myself would be afraid of an A-Grade model's revenge? You should just blame yourself for choosing the wrong master. Even being a dog requires luck."

After speaking, Hani freed Minjung from her grip and grabbed a tissue to wipe her hands, like she had touched something dirty.

"Aren't you going to kneel and apologize?"

Minjung didn't move.

"I told you to kneel!" Hani's manager kicked Minjung on the back of her leg.

Seeing this, Design Plaza's staff couldn't bear watching any longer, so one of them stepped forward to try and convince Hani. "Hani-ssi, this is a public space. Don't you think what you're doing isn't very appropriate?"

"This evil woman placed a pushpin inside Hani's shoe. What motive did she have? Does she want to kill our Hani? We're already being very forgiving by not calling the police. We are simply asking for an apology, isn't that only right?"

The staff member looked at the manager helplessly as she smiled. "But she is after all, Cha Jooeun's assistant."

Upon hearing Jooeun's name, the manager kicked with an unbearable force, making Minjung kneel involuntarily on the ground. A piercing pain spread throughout Minjung's entire body, while onlookers burst out in laughter. The manager rubbed his chin and looked at Minjung satisfyingly. "You should have been obedient from the start and saved me my energy. Since you've already knelt, I think you should give our Hani a kowtow as well."

The manager placed his hands on Minjung's shoulders, ready to push her down when suddenly the entire backstage broke out in a commotion. Someone had called out that Cha Jooeun had arrived. A moment later, Hani's manager lifted his head. Before he could even see what was going on, a huge slap landed across his face. It was ten times more powerful than the slap he had just given Minjung.