Chapter 114: See You on the Runway

Royalty's show is scheduled for 8 PM, but Jooeun arrived backstage at 5 PM. Although the show was not an international one, Royalty is almost on the same level as some of the top companies in Korea. Originally, Jooeun did not expect Seo Yeji to give her such a great present. But after careful thought, she understood, Seo Yeji is after all a business person. Everything she did was from a profit viewpoint.

Tonight there are to be 15 models attending the show. Jooeun is the oldest amongst them. 29-years-old; amongst the average person, it's still the prime of one's youth. But in the modeling industry, it's different. In a few years, she wouldn't have the chance to attend even an event like this.

Royalty is being held in high esteem, so the models invited for the show all had a great backing. According to Jooeun's current status, although she wasn't low, amongst the 15 models, she did not stand out at all. So the fact that she is the opening act, made the show director extremely suspicious. It seemed, every time Jooeun worked with someone, she would be met with distrust. Especially since amongst the models tonight, there were models that had won awards.

"Jooeun-ssi, if you have stage fright or feel unwell, let me know immediately. I will arrange for someone to replace you straight away." The show director said to Jooeun as she applied her makeup. If it wasn't because he had a good relationship with Seo Yeji, he wouldn't even consider Jooeun. Although she was quite popular recently, there were plenty of models that were better than her.

"Eh? Show director, Cha Jooeun's already been in the industry for 8-9 years. She definitely will not have stage fright, you can rest assured." Minjung reminded the man as she smiled.

"I'm afraid you're not confident!"

Hearing his words, Jooeun lifted her head. This action is undoubtedly full of confidence. The show director stopped talking and waited to see Jooeun's performance. This cold woman is already at this age, how can Seo Yeji be interested in her?

The other models looked at Jooeun like they were waiting to watch a joke unfold. Some even whispered amongst themselves. "It wasn't easy for us to go through auditions to get here. Who would have thought, someone with a strong backing would be different, directly landing the show's opening. I heard even the A-Grade model Suzy Bae, got here via auditions. Who does she think she is?"

"If you think it was unfair then use your background to fight with hers."

"She's already so old. She should be at home raising kids, why is she here doing shows? Isn't she afraid of straining her back?"

Hearing the discussions get louder and louder, Minjung turned around and glared at them. However, she was merely an assistant.

Jooeun tugged at her arm, reminding her to control her emotions. "Don't stoop yourself to their level or else you'll be just like them. After all, what they are saying is true. Even if you refute against them, it's just words, they won't admit defeat."

Minjung scoffed and didn't say anything. At this time, Park Hyomin entered backstage with a group of young girls. Upon seeing Jooeun, she was quite surprised, unaware that this was all part of Yeji's plan.

Hyomin and Jooeun's eyes met. Complex emotions were exchanged between the two, but Hyomin remained silent. She simply led the girls over to the show director and introduced him to them. As the show director had a decent relationship with Yeji, as soon as he heard Hyomin had brought some girls to watch and learn, he allowed them to wander freely as long as they didn't distract the models from getting changed.

"Jooeun-ssi, get changed. You need to get in position."

Jooeun stood up from the makeup table and brushed past Hyomin. At this time, Hyomin turned to Jooeun and spoke. "Miss Cha, I'm sorry for rejecting your portfolio. You must know the pressures of this industry. After all, you are 29-years-old."

Jooeun slightly smiled, not revealing any emotions. "It's OK, I know you have your difficulties."

"Aren't you tired of carrying on like this? Jooeun-ssi. Honestly, you are quite fake. Don't tell me you aren't angry at all." Hyomin folded her arms, her words were straightforward and humiliating.

"That's because even if I was angry, it wouldn't change the fact that you are a sinister person. So why should I stress myself?" After speaking Jooeun was prepared to leave, but Hyomin grabbed onto her arm.

"You better not find other ways of joining Sublime. It's impossible."

"Does President Seo know that you are calling the shots at Sublime now?" Jooeun smiled as she freed herself from Hyomin's grip.

Hyomin was stunned. A cold feeling suddenly swept through her body. Jooeun's words had precisely picked out her worries. Right now, she was indeed treading lightly as she tested out Yeji's bottom line.

Amongst the models that had followed Hyomin into backstage, one of them was actually extremely impressed by Jooeun's stage presence. Upon seeing her idol, she couldn't help but be excited. But just as she reached out her hand to greet Jooeun, Hyomin sneered. "You're a model from Sublime, how could you shake hands with Cha Jooeun who is nothing? Don't devalue yourself!"

Hyomin's voice was deliberately loud. Everyone around heard her. Sublime's manager Miss P insulted Cha Jooeun at backstage Royalty's show.

The young girl pulled her hand back helplessly as Jooeun patted her on the shoulder to let her know it was OK.

Everyone just wanted to sit back and watch the show. They enjoyed seeing this person that had landed out of nowhere, being torn apart. However, after Jooeun got changed and returned to being a model, her presence and elegance are beyond that of anyone present. Upon seeing Jooeun and thinking about her indifferent attitude earlier on, even the show director's eyes lit up.

Royalty's theme for the season is ink. So Jooeun is wearing an off-shoulder chiffon gown with an ink pattern. The random black and white pattern wrapped its way around Jooeun's perfect physique and thanks to the 2 colors, Jooeun looked extra slender and tall. Jooeun's ability to exhibit something was acknowledged by the public. However, most people watched her from behind their TV screens or computer monitors. In real life, she was even more beautiful than expected. She had the perfect body! And her performance ability is beyond perfect! She had always been able to work with any clothing; supporting each other without stealing the limelight.

Looking at all the amazed expressions, Jooeun calmly spoke. "I am already 29-years-old and not as energetic as you guys. In that case, I'll see you on the runway!"

Those that had gossiped about her earlier immediately looked at the clothes on their own body. It was obvious their clothes were from the same range, but how come Jooeun managed to give off the aura of a big shot, whereas they looked like something from a street-side vendor? As for Jooeun's words, they were full of meaning. Below the surface, she was trying to say, 'you are indeed young, but how come your clothes make you appear like you are 36-years-old?' Their level of influence was extremely low!

Below the stage, Jeonghwan was already waiting patiently. After hearing Minjung complains about what happened backstage, he scrunched up his eyebrows.

"This Park Hyomin really needs to be dealt with."