Chapter 117: No Longer Retreating

For this show, Cha Jooeun was originally meant to only do the opening. But because of Suzy, Jooeun had instead secured a lot more opportunities to appear on the runway. With Jooeun's presence, all the other models became nothing in comparison. Like an empty vessel taking a stroll on the runway – with no soul at all. This is the incredible thing about Cha Jooeun.

The show director found he had to take a double-take on Cha Jooeun because this is extremely rare, not only was Jooeun's professionalism exceptional – more importantly, her personal style is outstanding and impressive. It was like she was born for the runway and they had fused to become one.

During his excitement, the show director peered out into the audience and noticed an extraordinary man sitting amongst the guests. His gaze was sharp and deep like that of an eagle's. And the entire time, his eyes were locked on Cha Jooeun. He gave off an aura that any male could sense; a desire to protect and possess.

It was Lee Jeonghwan! The CEO of GK had actually disregarded his status and made an appearance at Royalty's show?

Even though backstage rumors were already spreading that Cha Jooeun and Lee Jeonghwan knew each other personally, no one had actually witnessed anything with their own eyes. Now that the show director spotted the man himself, he was shocked as well as worried. If Cha Jooeun will tell Lee Jeonghwan about what happened backstage...But maybe he was thinking too much into it. If Cha Jooeun and GK's relationship is really that great, there's no way she would only be in the position she is in at present. However, how could he explain the look in Lee Jeonghwan's eyes?

While the show director was still in shock, Lee Jeonghwan's gaze settled upon him. Just as the director wanted to say something, Lee Jeonghwan looked at him with a faint smile and told him to shush. He was gesturing to keep his mouth shut! The show director was dumbfounded as he stood frozen in place nodding his head – it really was Lee Jeonghwan.

Not long after, the designer led the models out on stage to thank the audience. But it seemed, the only person everyone could remember was Cha Jooeun. All the models that had their doubts about Jooeun backstage no longer had anything to say. It no longer mattered that Jooeun had landed from nowhere – even if she was to directly walk onto the international stage – no one would doubt her ability.

At this moment, however, in the spot where Jeonghwan sat, there's no longer any trace of him – like his presence had all been an illusion. In actual fact, Jeonghwan had already returned to his car and the show director was standing beside his window full of respect as he leaned over to speak to him.

"My appearance tonight, don't tell anyone about it."

"Of course, you can be rest assured, President Lee." The show director replied as he repeatedly nodded his head and bowed. Who was he kidding? As if a mere show director like himself would go against GK. Even if he had ten times the amount of guts he still would not be brave enough.

"Also, in the backstage, who else caused trouble for Cha Jooeun?" Jeonghwan asked straightforwardly. His voice was deep and charming but was threatening at the same time, causing the show director's forehead to be covered in a cold sweat.

"Well, Suzy Bae was a little unhappy that Cha Jooeun had landed the opening out of nowhere, so she brought her uncle along to support her. As for everyone else, they had their doubts. But Jooeun-ssi has now proven herself. She is indeed amazing!"

Jeonghwan did not respond. He was deliberately keeping the show director hanging. The show director had obviously not included himself as one of those that caused Jooeun trouble. On top of that, he also did not mention Park Hyomin! The show director could sense Jeonghwan's mood was not right, so he immediately apologized. "President Lee, I am so sorry. We really didn't know..."

"The one you should apologize to is not me."

The show director was so frightened his legs started trembling. A moment later, Jooeun and Minjung headed into the basement carpark. Upon spotting Jeonghwan's car and the show director talking to Jeonghwan, Jooeun froze. But she quickly remembered what she had said earlier. She didn't want to be so timid – so she continued walking and opened the Rolls Royce car door naturally in front of the show director, before sitting beside Jeonghwan.

After performing non-stop for an hour and changing into multiple clothes, Jooeun appeared tired. Upon seeing her, Jeonghwan gently stroked her hair, gesturing her to lie down and take a rest.

Jooeun shook her head. There is an outsider present. Jeonghwan returned his gaze to the show director. "I don't want the people that caused Jooeun trouble to be well off, what do you think?"

"Yes...yes...." The show director nodded his head repeatedly. He must have forgotten to bring his eyes when he left the house this morning. How could he be so blind to not realize Cha Jooeun's importance? He had almost offended her.

"I'm sure you know what you should do. Also, you did not see me today nor the two of us together!"

"I understand, President. You don't need to worry. I won't say a word."

After hearing the man's assurance, Jeonghwan wound up the car window and wrapped Jooeun in his embrace before instructing Taejoo. "Start the car."

The show director held his breath, afraid to even let out a peep. Jeonghwan's king-like presence was so suppressing. Now that he thought about it, the small-time models and small-time actors were much too brave. Luckily, Jooeun didn't hold grudges, or else she could have hung them all if she wanted to. It seemed Jeonghwan and Cha Jooeun's relationship wasn't as simple as friends. But why hasn't Cha Jooeun used Lee Jeonghwan to benefit her career? The show director had his doubts. But after thinking it over, who did he think Lee Jeonghwan was? Since he didn't want to reveal his relationship with Cha Jooeun, even if Cha Jooeun will pull out evidence, no one would believe her. Regardless, with Cha Jooeun's ability, all she was missing was a platform to show her skills.

A while later, Seo Yeji phoned the show director. "How did Cha Jooeun go?"

"All I can say is, she is still the top model she once was. Her professionalism has not faded. In fact, she is even more charming."

"Well, have I told you I've already signed Cha Jooeun? I asked her to go over today so she could warm up a little." Yeji smiled.

"You have good taste." The show director responded. His words contained a double meaning, because he knew, behind Cha Jooeun, there was also Lee Jeonghwan! Of course, he did not reveal Cha Jooeun and Lee Jeonghwan's relationship to Seo Yeji – he still wanted to survive in the entertainment industry.

"Glad you agree. Did Hyomin bring the newcomers today?"

"Yes, she did. But I noticed Hyomin's attitude towards Cha Jooeun isn't great?" The show director questioned.

"They have a history with each other. Plus, Hyomin is not aware that I have signed Cha Jooeun. I will announce it in a few days."

The show director was surprised before feeling a little bad for Hyomin. Not only was Yeji's trust in her slowly fading, but Cha Jooeun also is definitely not going to let her off. It was clear to see that Hyomin is even blinder than him.

Upon returning backstage, he heard Hyomin boasting about Sublime and belittling Jooeun. "No matter how impressive she is, she will only have a few more years of glory. On the other hand, there is still a long road ahead for you guys. No matter how professional she is, in the end, it's still impossible for her to join Sublime!"