Chapter 81: Damaging Cha Jooeun's Spirit

Behind the girl stood her manager; a woman wearing black-framed glasses. Her arms are crossed as she glared at Jooeun.

She's aware Jooeun had her methods. Otherwise, how could an outdated model come out successful in a fight with Shinhye and end up where she is today. Even so, she couldn't believe Jooeun would dare to steal a Sublime model's job. If they didn't stop her now, Jooeun would become an even greater threat in the future. Of course, they had no idea Jooeun's next aim would be to join Sublime!

The manager looked at Jooeun. Through her contacts, she managed to find out how Jooeun secured Luxury's opening; it is because of James Graham. He's a pretty big name.

But now that Jooeun is in the industry, the manager felt she should no longer dream of being able to suck up to the powerful while still maintaining her reputation. After all, she is hanging around with the ill-reputed Jung Yonghwa and Park Shinhye; she might as well join them.

Not long after, the opening began to the sound of retro music. As the first model on stage, Jooeun immediately became the center of attention. Her professionalism, her charm, and her style held the show that is filled with newcomers together. It also opened the international media's eyes to the unlimited possibilities of an Asian model. At that time, a few of the guests even recognized Cha Jooeun as Kira, who had once gone home with many newcomer awards; they are shocked but also pleasantly surprised because, on the runway, no one could compare to her radiance, she is completely dazzling.

At this time, Jeonghwan is sitting below the stage. This is his first time seeing Jooeun do a show from close up. It is hard for him to imagine this is his wife. Mr. Graham is also close by, as well as 1stLook's photographer who is snapping away on the camera; the scene in front of them is absolutely perfect. Everyone couldn't help but be amazed by her performance.

After the models took their bow and left the stage, Mr. Graham headed to the back of the stage to congratulate Jooeun.

"You are the best."

Jooeun smiled as she politely shook the man's hand. "Thank you, Mr. Graham."

"I'm already looking forward to 1stLook's October edition."

After talking to Mr. Graham, Jooeun changed back into her own clothes with Minjung's help and left the venue. She couldn't wait to walk the streets of France hand-in-hand with Jeonghwan. Not long after the show ended, Minjung received a phone call from CN. Yonghwa wanted to know what is going on with Jooeun. Minjung searched the news online and immediately came across some hot articles about Jooeun.

[Cha Jooeun vs. Park Shinhye: The Support behind the Scheming]

[The Men behind Cha Jooeun]

The main point behind every article is that after every single battle between Jooeun and Shinhye, the latter had been completely defamed, while Jooeun continued to advance forward; the reason may not be because Jooeun used the right methods, but because she had more men supporting her from behind. One of the articles even mentioned YG and James Graham who had been showing her support.

Most of the netizens still trusted Jooeun, especially her fans who immediately started spreading videos of her shows and images from her magazine shoots. They wanted to prove, she completely depended on her own abilities to get to where she is today.

However, there are also some anti-fans. They claimed Jooeun's EQ is too high and her IQ is frightening; she is too deceitful and is someone people should watch out for. At that time, the internet is in chaos.

"How having a high EQ could be considered a negative trait. I really have to give it to them." Minjung looked at the discussions online; she's so angry she's about to explode.

Jooeun glanced at the discussions and laughed. After casually disguising herself, Jooeun headed into the parking lot with Minjung and boarded Jeonghwan's car.

"I saw the news." Jeonghwan said before he started the car. "Now that your fame is increasing, attacks from all different directions will also increase. When faced with competition, people will scheme, you understand what I'm trying to say?"

"Of course. It's just that this time, Shinhye has once again been given a chance to insult me." Jooeun understood well, so as usual, she isn't going to respond; she knew the more she tried to explain herself, the more it would seem like she was hiding something. Since someone is helping her gain exposure, she might as well accept it; this is the reality of the entertainment industry.

"You don't want to contain it?" Minjung questioned Jooeun. To be exact, she is chasing Jeonghwan for an answer. However, Jeonghwan and Jooeun already had an agreement: he isn't going to interfere in her career. He had already broken his promise with the Jung Ryeowon's incident. So this time, he didn't have enough reason to forcefully help his wife.

"Unnie, don't forget. My management agency is still CN."

Seeing the couple remaining calm, Minjung relaxed. "OK, you guys have fun. I will keep my eye on the situation in Seoul."

Jooeun smiled at Minjung in relief. "Help me reassure the fans. Tell them I have not been affected."

Meanwhile, it's almost nighttime in Seoul. Under Yonghwa's coercion, Shinhye agreed to keep their child. Of course, she only did this to buy time. With the sudden release of Jooeun's news, Shinhye sat in Yonghwa's office and sneered. "I told you before, there's no way Jooeun would be pure. Now that she has been exposed, will you help her? Or will you take the advantage to step on her even harder?"

"Shut up!" Yonghwa warned. After the incident with Shinhye, he had become warier than before. Although he did consider reconciling with Jooeun, the thought of YG's CEO and James Graham, made his heart become cold like ice.

Shinhye is disgusting, but Jooeun isn't any better. It seemed he couldn't place his hope on either woman.

"If you won't get PR to help her, then I won't be able to resist defaming her. It isn't easy to get this opportunity." Shinhye laughed.

Yonghwa did not respond; it didn't seem like a bad idea to damage Jooeun's spirit a little.

Afterward, Shinhye rang her assistant. "Leak some information: while shooting for the magazine in the US, Jooeun didn't follow the organizer's arrangements, instead she is fooling around with an unknown man and went to live with him. Releasing this information right now would be perfect timing. Be careful not to let anyone know you did it."

Shinhye is an eyesore to Yonghwa as the coldness in his heart thickened. However, he didn't realize, he was merely the pot calling the kettle black. Of course, it's expected that Shinhye would defame Jooeun like this; Jooeun just treated it like Shinhye's last hurrah because as the Annual Model Awards approached, Shinhye is getting closer to falling into the depths of the abyss.