CHAPTER 11: Cure Hatred

*photo above - Nine One Hannam Residence at Hannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea

After Yonghwa's PR news was posted up, he paid out a few influential social accounts to help them clean their reputation. In the next three days he used every method he could to clean up Shinhye's professionalism and image again, his intention was to continue throwing the blame on Jooeun. After all, gossip like this usually only lasted a few days before the public became bored. Once new news gets released, this little scandal would just disappear into the depths of everyone's memories. It wouldn't be long before Shinhye would be able to return to work. Their plan was to help Shinhye win the Top Ten Model Awards and then announce she would be going overseas to study. At that time, she could sneakily give birth to their child. The only reason Yonghwa was willing to accept the child was because Shinhye was his first love and she had stayed by his side patiently for many years. On top of everything, Shinhye currently had a promising future, so he wasn't going to give up on this money tree.

Jooeun's manager had an expression of irony as she looked at the PR news Jung Yonghwa had released. She sneaked over to Jooeun's home and let herself in since she had the keys, but to her surprise, Jooeun wasn't home. So, out of uncertainty, she decided to give Jooeun a call.

"Jooeun-ah, why aren't you home?"

Jooeun was in the middle of filling up a bathtub for Jeonghwan. She let out a chuckle. "I haven't had the chance to tell you. I moved houses."

"Where did you move to? Is it safe? Does Yonghwa know?" Jooeun turned around and looked at Jeonghwan who had just entered the bathroom. Just as she was about to explain, she was interrupted by Jeonghwan, who didn't realize she was on the phone.

"Stuff like this, you should have left it to the maid."

On the other side of the line, Minjung listened attentively. She heard the voice of a man and immediately asked in a high pitch voice.

"Cha Jooeun, who are you with? In order to upset Yonghwa, have you used extreme measures? I knew it, who would give a helping hand to a retreated model during this time of chaos. You! You're really frustrating me! Is someone supporting you?"

"Where are you? I'll come get you! You don't need to stoop so low."

"Where are you? I want to see you right now, or else I'll die!"

Jooeun didn't know what to do. She looked over at Jeonghwan as she covered the mouthpiece on her phone and asked for his opinion.

"My manager seems to have a misunderstanding regarding my moving houses. So I need to pop out for a little to explain to her."

"Do you trust her?" In actual fact, Jeonghwan had already investigated Jang Minjung in private. She was passionate and professional even though she was often simple-minded and far from being a top manager but she was loyal to Jooeun and was a helpful person to have around.

"Uh huh."

"Then let me immediately go pick her up."

Jooeun thought about it carefully. She understood what Jeonghwan meant and trusted his judgment. She was no longer the Jooeun from the past that would allow others to play games right before her eyes. So, she told Minjung she would be sending someone over to pick her up from her old house. Minjung sighed, giving off a sense of disappointment. Jooeun smiled as she hung up. She put down the phone and turned to Jeonghwan.

"I've filled the bath. Are you going to bathe yourself now?" Jeonghwan raised an eyebrow as he re-buttoned his shirt, covering up his attractive collarbone.

"We have a guest. The man of the house must be present. Most importantly, I want to bathe with you." Jooeun blushed, but nodded shyly.

Minjung was extremely frustrated. She felt it wasn't worth it for Jooeun to give up so much for Yonghwa. She especially couldn't believe that Jooeun had willingly thrown herself at a man when there was obviously no true love in the entertainment industry. Most people in the industry just wanted one night of fun, then the next day, they would pretend they don't know each other.

How can she be so silly to take part in something like this?

Minjung was fuming as she walked back and forth cursing under her breath until Heeje arrived at the house and saw her.

"If you want to see Miss Cha, come with me." Minjung is familiar with Jeonghwan. However, she didn't recognize Heeje at all. So she wasn't very friendly towards him. She lifted her leg and gave him a kick.

"If anything happens to my precious Jooeun, I will paralyze both you and your boss." Heeje held his tidy hairstyle in place. The sudden kick made it hard for him to keep his image as his face screwed up in pain.

"Let's not talk about who's going to paralyze who, come with me first." Minjung gave a 'hmmph', raised her head and glared at Heeje as she boarded the car with him. Throughout the entire journey, Minjung tried to test Heeje by threatening him with all different methods, even mentioning Jooeun's family background. All that was missing was a knife to his neck.

Finally, as the car pulled up into the estate, Minjung finally grew silent in shock.

Nine One Hannam. The most expensive apartment in South Korea, located in the heart of Seoul.

This estate only housed 30 households. Each household was rich and powerful. Just simply searching up the background of any random house in this area would make the average person speechless.

"Hehe. Who the hell is your boss?" Minjung felt weak at her knees.

"You will find out once you go inside." Heeje replied in an annoyed tone. He too had a bit of a temper. Minjung's heart nearly jumped out of her chest in fear as the fire inside her subsided.

Whoever was inside was definitely not someone she would dare mess with.

Not long after, the car swerved in through a metal gate that surrounded a beautiful villa with a fountain out front. Minjung was escorted out of the car and into a Spanish palace-style living room.

Jooeun was sitting on the sofa wearing comfortable white home clothes. She didn't have any makeup on, but she was just as beautiful as ever.

"Jooeun, what is all this? Did you find yourself a rich old man?" Minjung asked in a hushed whisper as she approached Jooeun. "Did you sacrifice yourself for the sake of Jung Yonghwa?"

"Unnie, there's something I need to tell you. But you can't be upset." Jooeun pulled Minjung onto the sofa next to her.

"Speak. Did you find a new boyfriend?"

"No." Jooeun shook her head, holding back a smile.

"That's good."

"I'm married."

After a couple of minutes, she suddenly burst out. "What did you say? You're married? Who did you marry? Why would you play games with your happiness?"

While Minjung was questioning Jooeun, Jeonghwan had just finished dealing with some business issues and appeared out of the study room upstairs. To Minjung's surprise, he walked over to just behind the sofa, leaned over affectionately and whispered gently into Jooeun's ear. Jooeun turned to face Jeonghwan and nodded obediently.

"I know, I won't take longer than half an hour." Jeonghwan was pleased with her response. He observed Minjung for a moment and headed back upstairs. Everything that happened in this short moment was enough to make Minjung freeze in disbelief.

"Jooeun! Quick! Pinch me. I want to know if I'm dreaming."

"Why?" Jooeun tugged at her to bring her back to her senses.

"So, the person you married is the CEO of GK Entertainment, Lee Jeonghwan?"

"Uh huh."

"For real?" Minjung asked again to confirm.

"You're not seeing things. It's him, my new husband." Jooeun nodded seriously.

After hearing her answer, Minjung went from extreme sadness to extreme happiness.

"No wonder your article stayed at the top of search rankings and Jung Yonghwa had no way of removing it no matter how much money he spent. Jooeun, this is such a great surprise!"

"You've made the right decision! If you're going to get married, it definitely can't be with trash like Jung Yonghwa. I just never thought you would actually marry the CEO of GK Entertainment. GK is on a whole new level than CN! So refreshing! This completely cures my hatred. If Yonghwa was to find out, how satisfying would that be?"