Chapter 51: The Ultimate Attack is Not Far

"Let's see after the magazine is released." After speaking, Jooeun stood up calmly. However, Shinhye spoke up to hold her back.

"Jooeun, I know you are not willing to accept being stepped on by me. I will definitely convince you."

Hearing Shinhye speak like she's swearing on an oath, Jooeun sneered as she turns around to leave. Before she starts striding away, without turning back to look at the trio, she said, "This trip has been wasted on listening to your commotion."

"Since you are feeling so impatient, you can leave first. You have no business being here anymore." Yonghwa said as he lifted his brow.

"My pleasure."

Yonghwa and Shinhye assumed Jooeun had taken a huge blow and is trying to avoid seeing them getting engaged. They're glad she is leaving. After the release of that week's Vanity Fair, Jooeun would no longer pose a threat to them and Yonghwa would have her in the palm of his hands. Shinhye felt she no longer needed to care about Jooeun as she had so many other competitors. There's no point wasting all her energy on one outdated model.

Yonghwa and the others watched as Jooeun left. At this time, Ryeowon calmly suggested, "We can't let her leave unnoticed. Yonghwa, release an article:

[Cha Jooeun returns home after failing miserably: flees from her lost American battle].

"Noona, don't worry. I know what to do." Yonghwa embraced Shinhye as he nodded.

The entire situation was ridiculous. In order to give up on an artist, a management agency actually trampled them to this extent. Behind her back, they were plotting away. Meanwhile, Jooeun held her head high; she's not afraid at all. Outside the hotel, Mina's assistant is waiting to escort Jooeun.

After arriving at Vanity Fair's headquarters, Mina pulled out a document and started explaining.

"The photographer and I have passed on the highlights from your shoot to a few famous brands. After seeing your photos, they have expressed their interest in you. Amongst them is a famous French makeup brand. They want to make you their spokesperson for the Asia region. The premise is, they want you and their product to make a debut in Vanity Fair and open them up to the Asian market. Jooeun, we have all witnessed how your management agency treats you, but we don't want to let you go to waste. We will not spread the news about this for now, but after the Oriental Trend issue is released, we will make a public announcement."

Jooeun looked at the information in her hands. Noticing it's a French brand IPKN, her eyes slowly lit up. It's a French domestic brand that was founded over 100 years ago. And it had never opened up to the Asian market. This is such a pleasant surprise!

"Mina, do you have that much faith in me?"

"You and I know it in our hearts. Jooeun, do you know what impresses me most about you?" Mina smiled slightly, her voice contained traces of admiration. "You have a casual and calm nature and the fact that you're not arrogant or impatient. You were born to be a model and will someday become a supermodel. I believe in my judgment."

Hearing their conversation, Minjung immediately started clapping. She's so happy she wanted to scream. Shinhye would have never imagined, while she's still thinking of despicable methods to destroy Jooeun's reputation and force her to take on cheap endorsements, Jooeun had already become the Asian spokesperson for a French brand. Who knows how upset Shinhye would be once she finds out?

"The day after tomorrow, I will arrange for you to have a secret meeting with IPKN to go over the details of your collaboration. We will discuss further then."

"Thank you, Mina." Jooeun stood up to shake her hand.

"No need to thank me. I'm not just helping you, we are helping each other." Mina hugged Jooeun warmly. She's lucky she wasn't blinded by Jung Ryeowon's lies, or she would have missed out on working with such an outstanding model. She's also lucky she didn't let a moment of pride destroy this opportunity to revive Vanity Fair.

Jooeun smiled as she placed the documents in her bag secretly.

Hyewon looked at Jooeun from behind and let out a smile of admiration. She knew Jooeun had been through a lot, but because of her hard work, she is finally getting what she deserved.

"Let's open a Champagne to celebrate once we get home! This time, Yonghwa and the others are going to explode from anger." Minjung revealed a child-like smile.

"Jooeun, does this mean we won't be returning to Korea first?" Hyewon asked.

"Ryeowon is going to be disappointed. She probably already prepared a news article to make a fuss about me returning home. On the other hand, would you believe it if I told you Shinhye will be happy? This means she can humiliate me in front of my face." Jooeun could completely see through them. Hyewon smiled as she agreed. Looks like that's how things were gonna be.

"In that case, I will give them a call in a moment to tell them we are not returning yet. We will wait for the arrival of the Oriental Trend together."

"Hyewon, can you find out more information about IPKN for me and run some background checks. I want to make sure everything is flawless." Jooeun instructed carefully.

"Your choices are never wrong."

Regardless of everything else, Jooeun felt working with Hyewon is getting better each day. As a result, her trust in her was getting stronger. Whereas Minjung, although she's capable of a lot of things, Jooeun felt she's better off as an assistant because of her attitude.

In the car, Jooeun is feeling a little uncomfortable, so she naturally changed her position. Upon seeing this, Minjung raised an eyebrow. "Is your waist sore?"

"Uh-huh." Jooeun nodded.

"And are your legs tired?"

After hearing this question, Jooeun lifts her head innocently and look at Minjung. It turned out Minjung was teasing her.

"Cha Jooeun-ssi, why are you blushing?"

Jooeun is thinking about the intimate scene from the previous night. Jeonghwan's sexy body, his gentle strength, his deep and charming voice and his magical hands. In the short span of an afternoon, she already missed him.

"Since we have the next 2 days off, go keep your husband company."

"Yep." Jooeun already intended to do that.

Meanwhile, after receiving Hyewon's call, Yonghwa's face is now covered with anger. He had already prepared the article and contacted the media, but Jooeun had simply decided she didn't want to leave yet.

"Yonghwa, this is also good. Let's all wait for the results from the magazine together. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she fails miserably." Shinhye hugged Yonghwa as she spoke. "After all, she's already suffering anyway. We will have plenty more opportunity to step on her in the future."

"I wanted to get back at her for you!"

"I know your intentions and that's enough. After all, we are to be engaged." Shinhye responded shyly.

After being comforted, Yonghwa calmed down. Since Jooeun wants to disgrace herself, then she had no one to blame. However, while they're enjoying themselves, Jooeun secretly met up with IPKN. Both parties were satisfied and the contract was quickly finalized. There's no way CN's higher-ups would disagree with this contract.

The ultimate attack is not too far ahead!