Chapter 152: Let's see where she'll find a Male Lead

After leaving Sublime, Jooeun did not go directly home. She originally planned on visiting Jeonghwan at GK, but upon arriving outside the building, Taejoo told her over the phone that her husband was not there.

Jooeun stopped her car inside GK's carpark. She did not leave immediately. Instead, she sat around thinking about the contradiction between her and Yeji. There was a complex look in her eyes.

Not long after, Minjung suddenly patted Jooeun on the arm and pointed out the window. She followed Minjung's gaze and realized Jeonghwan and Taejoo were inside the carpark.

"Didn't Taejoo say Big Boss isn't at GK?" Minjung anxiously whispered as she looked at Jooeun. Because of what previously happened with Jung Yonghwa, Minjung was afraid Jooeun would suffer emotionally. She especially didn't want to see Jooeun being lied to.

Jooeun watched as Jeonghwan and Taejoo left, her expression did not change. She simply looked at Minjung and felt she was overreacting. "You're thinking too much."

"Aren't you afraid at all?"

Jooeun didn't say anything, she just pulled out her phone and selected Jeonghwan's number. After she picked up, she directly asked, "Where are you right now?"

"Are you checking up on me?" hearing Jooeun's question, Jeonghwan's lips curved upwards.

"Then are you going to let me check?"

"I was at the agency a moment ago, but now I'm on my way to see a client." Jeonghwan replied gently.

"Taejoo said you weren't at GK."

Jeonghwan lifted his head and looked sharply at Taejoo who was currently driving. Afterward, he responded to Jooeun. "That was not my instructions. Are you still at GK?"

"Uh-huh." Jooeun's voice sounded slightly pitiable.

"Then let me turn the car around and pick you up so you can teach Taejoo a lesson."

"Okay."

After hanging up the phone, Jeonghwan placed his phone inside his suit pocket and looked at Taejoo fiercely. "Do I need to reevaluate your ability? Taejoo? This will be the last time I say this, don't lie to Jooeun. Even if it is something as simple as whether I am around or not. If Jooeun hadn't called to ask and decided to keep this doubt inside of her, over time, what do you think would happen with our relationship?"

Taejoo felt a little guilty as he quickly apologized. "Sorry President, I just didn't know what excuse to use to block madam."

"I didn't ask you to make excuses to brush off Jooeun. If you didn't say anything then she wouldn't have suspected anything."

"Understood."

Taejoo was indeed impressive when it came to work. But when it came to EQ, he was a little lacking. This was why he still did not have a girlfriend!

Jeonghwan made Taejoo turn the car around and successfully picked up Jooeun. He pulled her into his embrace and explained. "I didn't tell Taejoo to say I wasn't around."

"I know." Jooeun nodded her head. "Did you think I would believe his words over yours?"

Taejoo looked down guiltily.

Jeonghwan was satisfied as he gently stroked Jooeun's hair and replied. "Of course you trust me more, but it's been 20 minutes since you spoke to Taejoo on the phone, why were you still in the carpark. Did something happen?"

Jooeun was dumbfounded for a moment. She didn't think Jeonghwan would be so attentive. Afterward, she explained everything that happened in detail from beginning to end.

"I didn't leave because I was thinking about the contradiction between Yeji and me. If this continues there will definitely be a break in our relationship. The incident with Jisoo-ssi is only the start. Not to mention, there is still Bohyun and Ahn Hani in the mix."

Jeonghwan listened intently. His identity right now was just a husband listening to his wife's vent. He gently patted her back to give her comfort and courage. "Joo, you seem to have forgotten what your ultimate aim is SM. Sublime is merely helping you in your transition. As for the people that are hurting you, you shouldn't feel bad for retaliating. You've always been clear about that. We have Sublime's contract in our hands, it's impossible to avoid those with bad thoughts. All we can do is deal with business accordingly. With me backing you, are you still afraid?"

Jooeun rubbed her hand against Jeonghwan's and shook her head. "I'm not afraid, I just feel it's a pity that Yeji, someone who was once in the same boat as us, would suddenly change."

"You also know it's in the past. Yeji is a business person. On the surface, she appears to want the same thing as you, but in reality, what she wants is far from what you want. You see her as a friend that is on the same level as you, but she sees you as a subordinate."

"I understand." Jooeun understood her position. Next time Yeji was to make things difficult for her, she would not treat her politely. After all, when the person making things difficult doesn't feel guilty, why should the victim feel bad?

"Just wait for Damiani's shoot in peace." Jeonghwan's words contained a double meaning, but Jooeun only understood one of them.

8 PM.

Inside a luxurious 5-star hotel. In order to deal with Nam Joohyuk, Kangjun arrived half an hour early and was waiting in a private dining room. By the time Joohyuk arrived, all he saw was Kangjun all by himself.

Joohyuk started off as a child star and was currently the most popular 'fresh meat'. With his good looks, he managed to attract a large number of fans. He even starred in quite a few TV dramas in succession. So it was understandable that Yeji wanted to use him to create hype.

However, seeing Jooeun had not arrived, Joohyuk removed his sunglasses and whispered something to his assistant. His assistant immediately asked Kangjun. "Where's Cha Jooeun?"

Kangjun looked at Joohyuk and quickly pulled out a wine glass. He filled it to the brim. "Jooeun just returned from Moscow today and was feeling a little nauseous from the flight. On the way here she vomited all over the car. So I had no choice but to take her home. I am extremely apologetic towards Nam Joohyuk-ssi, let me punish myself by drinking 3 glasses."

After hearing his words, Joohyuk's expression did not look impressed. His manager stood up and slammed his hands on the table. "What does Cha Jooeun mean by this?"

"Nam Joohyuk-ssi, Jooeun didn't avoid coming here on purpose. She was actually saying earlier that she often watches your dramas and really likes you. That's why we left home early just to see you. But who would have thought, she almost fainted on the way here." Kangjun was lying like it was the truth as he sculled down three glasses of wine.

"Did she really say that?" Joohyuk's ego was satisfied as his anger subsided.

"Definitely!"

"Fine. Since that's the case, I won't blame her. Help me send my regards and let her know I look forward to the shoot in 2 days." After speaking, Joohyuk stood up and placed his sunglasses back on.

After he left, Kangjun revealed a cold expression. He knew, at present, he had merely dealt with Joohyuk's pride.

"Joohyuk, will you really let that small-time model off the hook?" His manager asked in an unsatisfied tone.

Joohyuk chewed the gum in his mouth. The atmosphere seemed a little sinister. With an attitude fitting of his age, he replied, "How dare that old model stand me up? Fine! If she doesn't show up today, I can also be absent from the shoot. Let's see her panic. Let's see where she'll find a male lead!"